Final Fantasy VIII on PC problems

Kasey Christensen

Aug 14, 2017, 9:08:21 PM8/14/17
to QuadStick
Profile link https://drive.google.com/open?id=11iC_-ufrSKqi7SYvTHLdrEjqcWlY3Azzi71wNILOxNw
manual link http://support.eu.square-enix.com/document/manual/1270/FF8_manual_Final_noFeatures.pdf

So I'm trying to play Final Fantasy VIII and I'm having problems getting the character to walk correctly.. All it seems to do is zigzag like I can only choose to directions. Also when I go in to the menu and try to configure (adjust settings) in game when I go up or down and there is a setting that involves a bar such as volume or text speech speed it will move the bar value left or right depending on whether I went up or down in the menu. It's almost as if the left and right key are also being pressed at the same time as the up and down keys (arrow keys). I also tried to set up X360CE to try and use a regular controller scheme but it's almost as if the program doesn't recognize the quadstick. Has anyone played this game on PC and had the same problem or do they know what I'm doing wrong?

Fred Davison

Aug 14, 2017, 9:27:00 PM8/14/17
to Kasey Christensen, QuadStick
you need to change "normal" to "greater_than 50" for these rows:

kb_up_arrownormalup

Move
kb_down_arrownormaldown

kb_right_arrownormalright

kb_left_arrownormalleft

You can play around with the number following greater_than to get the sensitivity you want.

Kasey Christensen

Aug 14, 2017, 11:30:28 PM8/14/17
to QuadStick, christ...@gmail.com
Thanks that was driving me nuts.

Lucas Gammuto

Oct 8, 2018, 7:18:11 AM10/8/18
to QuadStick
Hi, How can download your profile for FFVIII?

Ikonosaurus Rex

Oct 19, 2018, 5:10:25 PM10/19/18
to QuadStick
Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. Here's a link to my Final Fantasy VIII profile. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11iC_-ufrSKqi7SYvTHLdrEjqcWlY3Azzi71wNILOxNw/edit?usp=sharing