cronusmax plus on Xbox Series X or PS 5

Klein Lemmy

Jul 9, 2022, 5:46:41 AM7/9/22
to QuadStick
Can anyone finally tell me if the cronusmax plus works with Xbox Series X or PS 5? There are so many different information out there. If not,Is not is there currently a working alternative to connect the quadstick to 1 of those consoles?

RG RE-GAMER

Jul 9, 2022, 7:24:37 AM7/9/22
to QuadStick

Fred Davison

Jul 9, 2022, 11:13:06 AM7/9/22
to Klein Lemmy, QuadStick
Cronus Max PLUS has not been in production for a couple of years and is no longer receiving firmware updates.  They came out with a new product called the Zen.

It might work with XBox Series X, but it may also need an older XBox One controller for authentication.  It might not work with the new series X controller.  It is worth a try if you have one.  Brook Wingman XB is the better choice for the XBox.

Cronus Max Plus won't work for the PS5.  See the user manual for the PS5:  http://quadstick.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/user_manual/um/ps5.htm

There is no great solution for the PS5.

On Sat, Jul 9, 2022 at 3:46 AM Klein Lemmy <klein...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can anyone finally tell me if the cronusmax plus works with Xbox Series X or PS 5? There are so many different information out there. If not,Is not is there currently a working alternative to connect the quadstick to 1 of those consoles?

Richard Kramer

Jul 9, 2022, 2:59:32 PM7/9/22
to Fred Davison, Klein Lemmy, QuadStick
I have both Xbox series X & PS5

On my Xbox I use the WingMan XB performed flawlessly

On my PS5 I use the Cronos Zen & PS5 Zen dongle also performed flawlessly

Once I receive both of them I updated them as per simple instructions & haven't looked back since.

I do have the Titan Two & proper retro PS4 controller on the suitable list, but I could never get it to work.

But my preferred methods above no problem whatsoever

Cheers Richard

ian

Jul 9, 2022, 3:37:08 PM7/9/22
to QuadStick
i just got the ps5 and I use remote play and don't need anything extra

jason rodriguez

Jul 17, 2022, 2:28:41 AM7/17/22
to QuadStick
I had the same question.  maybe the cronus max should be taking down the selling website because I was very confused about what usb to choose. If it's not being updated anymore, it shouldn't be sold

Ikonosaurus Rex

Jul 20, 2022, 7:25:34 PM7/20/22
to QuadStick
Can you play PS5 games or just PS4 games?

Fred Davison

Jul 20, 2022, 7:34:51 PM7/20/22
to Ikonosaurus Rex, QuadStick
See the article in the user manual for the PS5 to see your options:  http://quadstick.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/user_manual/um/ps5.htm

I received the new hardwired Beloader Pro to test.  I'll probably get to that next week.

Richard Kramer

Jul 20, 2022, 8:08:55 PM7/20/22
to Fred Davison, Ikonosaurus Rex, QuadStick
Thanks Fred interesting to see how the beloader pro works after you've tested it

Cheers & thanks