How to use the quadstick on ps5

billy thompson

Nov 10, 2022, 7:34:12 PM11/10/22
to QuadStick
i'm thinking about getting a ps5 can someone please explain how I would set it up, i know I need the titan 2 adapter but I'm not sure how I would set it up

Richard Kramer

Nov 10, 2022, 9:04:54 PM11/10/22
to billy thompson, QuadStick
Hi Billy

My setup that I use is the cronos Zen & Zen PS5 dongle, I just follow the instructions that are available and no problem

Enjoy your gaming :-) I do

Cheers Richard

On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 11:34 AM billy thompson <bthop...@gmail.com> wrote:
i'm thinking about getting a ps5 can someone please explain how I would set it up, i know I need the titan 2 adapter but I'm not sure how I would set it up

Fred Davison

Nov 10, 2022, 10:52:40 PM11/10/22
to billy thompson, QuadStick
The PS5 is complicated.  Way more complicated than any other console.   There are two completely different ways to connect a 3rd party controller, like the Quadstick, to the PS5:
  • If you want to play any PS5 game released after August 2021, only methods that use Playstation Remote Play over a network, work.
  • PS4 and some early PS5 games will work with a CronusMax Zen or Console Tuner Titan 2 and a PS4 Specialty controller for authentication, plugged into a PS5 console USB socket.
CronusMax no longer makes the convenient PS5 dongle for authentication, but a Specialty Controller works fine, or even a Brook Wingman XE.
BTW, the Brook Wingman XE will work for PS4 games on the PS5 by itself.

Remote play methods for PS5 games released after August 2021:
  1. Quadstick Manager Program 4, running on a Windows PC, can emulate a PS Remote Play compatible controller.  The controller data is sent over the network to the console.  The display can be direct from the console and does not have to be what the PSRP program displays, so there is no lag in the display.
  2. CronusMax Zen or Console Tuner Titan 2 emulating a Dual Shock 4 controller will work with the Windows PS Remote Play program.  Same as method 1, just with hardware instead of the QMP program.
  3. BeLoader Pro:  A dedicated PS Remote Play device that can be used directly with the Quadstick or through a CronusMax Zen or Titan 2.  No PC required after setup.

billy thompson

Nov 12, 2022, 2:05:56 AM11/12/22
to QuadStick
If I get the beloader do I just plug the quadstick directly into the beloader or the ps5?

Fred Davison

Nov 12, 2022, 1:26:32 PM11/12/22
to billy thompson, QuadStick
You can plug the quadstick directly into the beloader.  The beloader communicates with the PS5 over the network, not USB.  Use a wired network for best performance.  The beloader pro is the higher performance model.

The configuration files will need a Preferences sheet to set the USB emulation preferences to 3 or 7 for the beloader to see the quadstick.

enable_DS3_emulation7
0=Normal PS3 mode, 1=DS3 emulation, 2=X360CE, 3=XB360 emulation, 4=PS4, 5=Nintendo Switch, 6=No flash, 7=DS4