Fortnite

Ikonosaurus Rex

Mar 23, 2018, 7:58:48 PM3/23/18
to QuadStick
Here's a profile made for fortnite for PS4 and PC controller. I didn't get a chance to test it yet though. Https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Osp4OVWRckMbp3rHEnuuxKJtIdRfVLtx59Eui4_cY_g/edit?usp=sharing

I've had a problem though that when I tried to start the game after I have set up x360ce, I get a error message that says Application Error with a number (0xc0000142) and then another message after you had okay that says Fatal Application Exit (Unknown File Version) that has the file path leading to xinput1_3.dll.

Has anyone got fortnite to work on their PC and been able to utilize the controller using x360ce?

Dan NH

Mar 23, 2018, 8:37:52 PM3/23/18
to QuadStick
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qHqmqNWzGeGWLNKgJnuzU8PsIwnYbWcc8suudUcRXpg/edit#gid=19

Here's what I use. x360ce is such a pain to set up. Unless your game requires analog directional sensitivity, there's just no reason to use it. And this is not a game that requires analog sensitivity unless you are trying to aim with the QS directional motions (I don't).

Ikonosaurus Rex

Mar 23, 2018, 8:53:06 PM3/23/18
to QuadStick
Did you change the key binding in the game? Also do you use an ultra stick to play the game because I only use the quadstick?

Ikonosaurus Rex

Mar 23, 2018, 9:32:20 PM3/23/18
to QuadStick
I kind of like the controller set up because it, to me seems like it simplifies the controls or compacts them down into a set number of buttons.

Dan NH

Mar 24, 2018, 11:14:47 AM3/24/18
to QuadStick
I don't generally change the key bindings, makes things simpler. I do use a trackpad for aiming.

Dennis / WheelyWorld

Mar 25, 2018, 7:55:58 AM3/25/18
to QuadStick
I just got it working with x360ce!
Here is the way I did it:
  1. download x360ce 64bit beta version: x360ce_x64.zip
  2. copy into: ...\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64
  3. I renamed the existing "xinput1_3.dll" into "xinput1_3-old.dll" - also did it in "...\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\DirectX"
  4. open x360ce as admin (in x360ce mode)
  5. follow steps in the attached pictures.
    1. pic
      1. add QuadStick x360ce mode
      2. insert these settings
      3. check if there is a second "game" (if so just insert same settings)
      4. save and accept pop-up window
    2. pic
      1. insert "FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe" (...\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64)
      2. check these boxes
      3. sync settings and accept pop-up window
      4. save and accept pop-up window
  6. Then I copied the 2 new dll-files "xinput1_3.dll" and "xinput1_1.dll" from "...\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64"
  7. go to: "...\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\DirectX" and past the 2 new dll-files
  8. Now it should run with 64bit: "...\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win64\EpicGamesLauncher.exe" and 32bit: "...\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe"

Hope it will work for you and others too.

1. select device.PNG
2. sync settings.PNG