How to map PS4 touchpad to Quadstick?

Syrupy Motherlik

Jun 3, 2018, 6:38:52 PM6/3/18
to QuadStick
I have been making a configuration spreadsheet for Far Cry 5 (ps4), and I can't figure out how to map the touchpad to the QS. Has anyone been able to successfully do this? I would appreciate it if someone can tell me how.

malbeker

Jun 10, 2018, 9:20:17 AM6/10/18
to QuadStick
set it to press the escape button on a keyboard

Fred Davison

Jun 10, 2018, 10:35:44 AM6/10/18
to Syrupy Motherlik, QuadStick
There are several ways to connect to the PS4.  To give you a specific answer I would need to know how you have things connected.  The touchpad is definitely the most problematic feature of the PS4.

If you are directly connected to the PS4 and have the Quadstick booting with "Enable boot in PS4 mode" turned on (or ordered your Quadstick with PS4 as the default console), then look at this configuration file for an example of pressing the touchpad and touching it at a specific location.

If you are using a CronusMax, then there are two possibilities:  If "Enable boot in PS4 mode" is turned on, then the same method as above will work.  If "Enable boot in PS4 mode" is turned off, then the CronusMax must be running the PS4 Crossover Essentials gamepack and the "select" button is remapped to press the touchpad.  The position on the touchpad is controlled by the Right Analog stick.  See this configuration for an example.  You will need to read the instructions for the gamepack.

If you are using the Quadstick Manager Program and the CronusMax via the PCPROG port, then the Escape key is mapped to press the touchpad.  See this configuration for an example.

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 4:38 PM, Syrupy Motherlik <syrupym...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been making a configuration spreadsheet for Far Cry 5 (ps4), and I can't figure out how to map the touchpad to the QS. Has anyone been able to successfully do this? I would appreciate it if someone can tell me how.

Richard Kramer

Jun 11, 2018, 6:41:47 PM6/11/18
to QuadStick
Fred for me ever since you mentioned the touchpad feature on the Brooks Super Converter PS3 to PS4 & the little tweak you did on my default profile to enable the touchpad with just long slow sip on the left mouthpiece to activate it life is good

Especially in the Witcher 3 where you are fighting the big bosses and you need to access your inventories to repair weapons & armour & your potions & concoctions life is much easier now is
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to quadstick+...@googlegroups.com.