Switching from PS4 to PC

J.D. Martz

Jul 26, 2021, 8:17:51 AM7/26/21
to QuadStick
So I just built my first computer and I've been using the quad stick a while but only with the PS4 (and mostly third person melee games). I've created PS4 spreadsheets for a bunch of my games and now I'm trying to build a PC profile spreadsheet for cyberpunk 2077. I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around how to set up the controls. Is there any way to create a profile more akin to how I would create one for the dual shock?

That might be confusing wording. Basically I want to tell cyberpunk I am playing with a dual shock 4 and build my quad stick profile around a ds4 rather than a mouse and keyboard. Is that possible? Thanks!

Fred Davison

Jul 26, 2021, 12:14:14 PM7/26/21
to J.D. Martz, QuadStick
The PS4 controller mode for the quadstick is only for the console, not the PC.

PC games mostly work with XBox controllers.  Add a preferences sheet to your configs that put the quadstick into XBox 360 for PC mode.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 6:17 AM J.D. Martz <jk....@gmail.com> wrote:
So I just built my first computer and I've been using the quad stick a while but only with the PS4 (and mostly third person melee games). I've created PS4 spreadsheets for a bunch of my games and now I'm trying to build a PC profile spreadsheet for cyberpunk 2077. I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around how to set up the controls. Is there any way to create a profile more akin to how I would create one for the dual shock?

That might be confusing wording. Basically I want to tell cyberpunk I am playing with a dual shock 4 and build my quad stick profile around a ds4 rather than a mouse and keyboard. Is that possible? Thanks!

J.D. Martz

Jul 26, 2021, 2:31:45 PM7/26/21
to Fred Davison, J.D. Martz, QuadStick
Okay awesome that's super helpful thank you Fred! Is there a Version of the controller that is most compatible with the quad stick? Like should I get an OEM Xbox 360 controller That is completely wired? Or can it be a wireless 1 with a wire? Or Is there a 3rd party controller That would be a better solution?   Thank you!

Fred Davison

Jul 26, 2021, 2:59:50 PM7/26/21
to J.D. Martz, J.D. Martz, QuadStick
I don't understand the question.

When operating in XBox 360 for PC mode, to the computer, the quadstick IS an Xbox 360 controller.  No other controller is involved.

ian

Jul 26, 2021, 5:02:57 PM7/26/21
to QuadStick
you just need the xbox controller drivers for pc and the quadstick as long as it is on an xbox profile appears to the pc as that

J.D. Martz

Jul 26, 2021, 8:03:43 PM7/26/21
to Fred Davison, J.D. Martz, QuadStick
Oh okay I understand now. Awesome! I was still operating from the perspective of connecting a PlayStation controller to the quadstick for playing PS4. Thanks for your help!

Fred Davison

Jul 26, 2021, 8:32:30 PM7/26/21
to J.D. Martz, J.D. Martz, QuadStick
Look into the X360CE program.  It lets you have access to the mouse & keyboard, and game controller at the same time.  XBox 360 for PC mode is only a game controller and that can be a problem for some games when you need the occasional keyboard input.

J.D. Martz

Jul 27, 2021, 9:31:59 AM7/27/21
to Fred Davison, J.D. Martz, QuadStick
Awesome, thanks!