Quad stick Singleton

Joffy Aulx-Gao

Oct 24, 2017, 3:43:07 AM10/24/17
to QuadStick
I bought a Singleton so i could play Rocket League on my PC when combining it with my mouse but i seem to have a bit trouble setting it up as most guides are on the regular Quad Stick.

I need to set it up so it functions as my WASD keys or a controller analog stick and nothing else so i've a few questions.

#1 How do i switch modes and profiles?
#2 Do i need to connect the keyboard/controller directly to Quad Stick through USB?
#3 How do i make a simple profile as described above and can i use the same one for multiple games?

If there are other things i need to know feel free to write that aswell as i'm just a noob still :D

Jon Frederiksen

Fred Davison

Oct 24, 2017, 9:05:10 PM10/24/17
to Joffy Aulx-Gao, QuadStick
I took the Singleton plus Ultrastik Portal 2 configuration and modified it to use the QS for WASD and some commands, like E and Space, and the mouse for pointing and the blue and orange portals.

Modes are switched with a soft sip.  There are two ways to load configuration files in the Singleton:

 In the default singleton configuration, to load another config file you first get into mode 2 with a soft sip:

increment_modenormalmp_center_sip_soft

 then wiggle the stick left, then right, which will trigger the "load_file" function:

load_filenormalWEcenter

The leds will start flashing very fast.  Mode the stick to the right to select the desired file then puff on the hole to load the file.

With the QMP program running and the "Enable Commands over USB" checked and saved back to the quadstick's preferences file in the flash, you can load files by selecting them in the Games list and pressing the "Load and Run file in Quadstick" button.

Joffy Aulx-Gao

Oct 26, 2017, 2:35:27 PM10/26/17
to QuadStick
I fucked up.

I went into prefs and changed USB something from 0 to 1 and now my PC can't find the device.. What to do?

Fred Davison

Oct 26, 2017, 3:12:04 PM10/26/17
to Joffy Aulx-Gao, QuadStick
Oops!

Hmmm, I've got to think about this.  The regular quadsticks have a way force the flash drive to erase and reformat itself during power up, but the Singleton does not.

If you changed either of these in the Preferences prefs.csv file:

enable_usb_a_device0DO NOT CHANGE1=USB-A port active, 0=USB-B port active
enable_DS3_emulation0DO NOT CHANGE0=Normal PS3 mode, 1=DS3 emulation, 2=X360CE mode, 3=XB360 emulation

Then we have a couple of options, besides sending it in for me to "unbrick":
  • If you have voice commands set up, you can type in the command "!format<enter>", or "!enable_usb_a_device,0<enter>" in the QMP voice transcript.
  • If you don't have voice commands setup, get a 3 volt serial cable, plug it into the IN port and type either of those commands in the QMP voice transcript.

It is not a good idea to edit csv files directly.  It is super easy to make a seemingly trivial mistake that will cause trouble.  QMP should keep you out of trouble.

Attached are the default.csv and prefs.csv files that ship with the Singleton, in case you need those.

default.csv
prefs.csv

Joffy Aulx-Gao

Oct 30, 2017, 3:17:35 PM10/30/17
to QuadStick
I've gotten the cable you linked but i can't make it work.

Is it possible you can explain what to do in more detail?

Fred Davison

Oct 30, 2017, 4:00:01 PM10/30/17
to Joffy Aulx-Gao, QuadStick
With the Singleton and the Serial cable plugged into the PC, and the Serial cable plugged into the IN port on the back of the Singleton, start the QMP and it should say "Found a serial connection to QuadStick" after a few seconds.

Once you see that, click on the Voice Control tab, then in the Voice command transcript type:

<Enter>
!format<Enter>

That should reformat the drive, leaving it empty.

Close the QMP.

Unplug the Singleton from the PC.

Plug it back in, then using Windows Explorer, copy the default.csv and prefs.csv files previously attached into the empty flash drive.  You will have to use something else to operate the computer since the Singleton thinks it is a regular Quadstick at this point and will be mapping the joystick to Left Analog.

Wait for ten seconds, then unplug the Singleton and plug it back in again.

You should be back with everything like it was when you first got the Singleton.