Final Fantasy 7

Michael Schiavo

Mar 27, 2019, 12:23:01 AM3/27/19
to QuadStick
I have been trying to play Final Fantasy 7 with the QuadStick on Steam. Everything works great for about 10 minutes but after that the game stops recognizing the inputs from the QuadStick. Has anyone else had this issue with FF7 or other games on Steam?

Fred Davison

Mar 27, 2019, 3:09:06 AM3/27/19
to Michael Schiavo, QuadStick
Can you provide a link to your configuration spreadsheet?

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 10:23 PM Michael Schiavo <michaels...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been trying to play Final Fantasy 7 with the QuadStick on Steam. Everything works great for about 10 minutes but after that the game stops recognizing the inputs from the QuadStick. Has anyone else had this issue with FF7 or other games on Steam?

Michael Schiavo

Mar 27, 2019, 11:43:55 AM3/27/19
to QuadStick

Fred Davison

Mar 27, 2019, 12:01:39 PM3/27/19
to Michael Schiavo, QuadStick
Try turning off all controller settings in Steam's settings:

image.png

Unless you also use a PS4,  if you have "Boot in PS4 USB mode" turned on in QMP, turn it off.

If necessary, update your QMP to 3.09 and then do this:
  1. Plug in the Quadstick
  2. Start the QMP
  3. Wait 20 seconds
  4. Press the F1 key.  Send in the Debug report.
  5. Wait 10 seconds
  6. Exit QMP (ignore any error message on exit)

Michael Schiavo

Mar 27, 2019, 6:54:28 PM3/27/19
to QuadStick
Thanks Fred I got it working with your help!