Red dead redemption 2

Ikonosaurus Rex

Feb 20, 2020, 12:03:37 AM2/20/20
to QuadStick
I'm trying to play red dead redemption 2 and I keep trying to get X to be latched but it never seems to work.  Am I doing something wrong?  Does anyone else have A profile I can look at see what you're doing?

Fred Davison

Feb 20, 2020, 12:19:29 AM2/20/20
to Ikonosaurus Rex, QuadStick
xgreater_than 95up
xdelayed_latch 1200lip
xnormallip
Greater_than overrides anything else.  When up is less than 95, the output is continuously forced off, which clears any latch.

Maybe a separate horse riding mode would be a solution.

Kerm Dizzle

Feb 20, 2020, 1:46:49 AM2/20/20
to QuadStick
I concur with Fred, I always find having a separate page just for driving/horse riding etc. makes things easier, I do it in most of my scripts. Sometimes I even map increment and decrement mode to the same input as the button to get in and out of vehicles, so it switches automatically.

Sophie Dewil

Feb 20, 2020, 9:59:28 AM2/20/20
to Kerm Dizzle, QuadStick
I'm actually in the middle of figuring out a good script for Red Dead 2. It's very much a work in progress but I'm happy with some of my solutions if you want to take a look here. I'm definitely going to take a look at your profile for inspiration.

Also suggestion above to map increment/decrement to getting in and out of vehicles is a great idea!! totally going to try that!

Message has been deleted

Fred Davison

Feb 20, 2020, 7:56:22 PM2/20/20
to Ikonosaurus Rex, QuadStick
Which profile?  Got URL?

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 5:10 PM Ikonosaurus Rex <christ...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm looking at the red dead Profiles on the Quadststick Factory list in QMP and Left_2/left bumper is toggled.  This is aiming in game but the way it's set up Would prevent you from aiming up and down wouldn't it?  Or do you need switch profiles after you toggle?

On Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 11:03:37 PM UTC-6, Ikonosaurus Rex wrote:
I'm trying to play red dead redemption 2 and I keep trying to get X to be latched but it never seems to work.  Am I doing something wrong?  Does anyone else have A profile I can look at see what you're doing?

Ikonosaurus Rex

Feb 20, 2020, 7:58:11 PM2/20/20
to QuadStick
I'm looking at the red dead Profiles on the Quadststick Factory list in QMP and Left_2/left bumper is toggled.  This is aiming in game but the way it's set up Would prevent you from aiming up and down wouldn't it?  Or do you need switch profiles after you toggle? Also what is the anti-dead zone used for in The right tab?

Ikonosaurus Rex

Feb 20, 2020, 8:30:22 PM2/20/20
to QuadStick

Kerm Dizzle

No Hand

Feb 21, 2020, 7:16:29 AM2/21/20
to QuadStick

Gucci Mula

Feb 21, 2020, 9:03:53 AM2/21/20
to QuadStick
I don't know what system your playing red dead on but here is my ps4 script

Ikonosaurus Rex

Feb 23, 2020, 4:18:25 AM2/23/20
to QuadStick
anti_dead_zonenormal20
I'm still trying to figure out why this is on the right analog tab of this profile.

Dan NH

Feb 23, 2020, 10:12:23 AM2/23/20
to QuadStick
If you are emulating a game console, there is a built-in dead zone into those joysticks that some people don't like. This is how you make the joystick a little more responsive.

Fred Davison

Feb 23, 2020, 11:16:12 AM2/23/20
to Ikonosaurus Rex, QuadStick
Dan is right, it is used to give the output value a head-start on the value required to get a response out of the console.

Consoles have built in dead-zones and that gets added to the quadstick's deadzone.   Anti-deadzone is automatically added to the quadstick's output as soon as the joystick is moved out of the quadstick's deadzone.

One way to find the value, if you have a cronus max, is to run the CronusPro device monitor program, observing the joystick output values, and slowly increase the output until you see the game respond.   With the last of  us, it was around 30%.  It is mostly important on the right analog for aiming.