Server is on the go...

Stefano Sanna (gerdavax)

Jun 11, 2009, 2:24:39 AM6/11/09
to quadraspace
Ciao everybody,

sorry for this long silence, I was very busy in the last weeks. This
email just to inform that I'm working on QuadraSpace and we are close
to get the server that will run the first QuadraServer instance.
Actually, it has been ordered and should be ready by the end of next
week.

Stay tuned!

Ciao,
Stefano.

Emanuele Di Saverio

Jun 12, 2009, 5:49:10 AM6/12/09
to quadr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefano,

we need the server for running the QuadraServer instance, but also for running the project support tools : continous integration for now, svn and issue tracker when we will want to be freed from google code.
Is the server also meant for that?

Ciao

Stefano Sanna (gerdavax)

Jun 12, 2009, 10:32:25 AM6/12/09
to quadraspace
Emanuele,

thanks for asking.

My "dream" is to have a development server (to run the services you
mentioned) and a QuadraServer instance in two independent machines.

Unfortunately, it is not feasible at this time. In order to save our
bandwidth :-) I'd suggest to give priority to the QuadraServer
instance (that is: what is being needed by motes) and to *carefully*
identify what we can run on that machine a development service
support. For instance, I think we should avoid to have the code to be
downloaded or stuff like libraries, videos, slides, document on that
machine, we can't afford it (and QuadraServer performances would drop
down...). Or, better, we may limit the access to those services just
to people actually involved in development (the committers!) and
leaving the public releases on google code.

I'd propose to have this machine mainly as "the first QuadraServer
instance" and to use it for other stuff if we have enough resources
(CPU, disk, bandwidth) available.

Ciao,
Stefano.