Adding code to QTT

Matthieu Nantern

Dec 17, 2015, 3:16:07 PM12/17/15
to QTodoTxt
Hi everyone !

Can we define together some rules before pushing code to master ? I protected the "master" branch in github so it should be impossible to push data directly.

Currently we are 4 members in QTodoTxt group: funkyfuture, oroulet, kmicc and me.

Olivier Roulet-Dubonnet

Dec 18, 2015, 12:20:36 PM12/18/15
to QTodoTxt
>>  I protected the "master" branch in github so it should be impossible to push data directly.
sounds good, althoug in some cases (conflicts, etc..) it is much easier to do the merge locally and push to master than using github merge

We are using groups for the freeopcua project and there the rules I am applying is simply
1-) do not push to master (But sometimes I do it to fix quick bugs
2-) Someone else than the pull request author merge

It has worked very well. reviewing a patch usually only takes a few minutes.

I propose to use something similar here:
1-) do not push directly to master (only for merging)
2) If a group member disagree => wait
3) after 48 hours if 2 groups member approve request => merge
4) After one week if 1 group member approve request => merge
5) Simple bug fix can be merged directly

Olivier Roulet-Dubonnet

Dec 20, 2015, 2:14:47 AM12/20/15
to QTodoTxt
And let's add a rule specifically for this slow group :-)
If a new rule is proposed and not commented within one week, it is accepted!