Debug/lauch error question

Chris Rasmussen

Jan 13, 2016, 12:35:12 PM1/13/16
to QTodoTxt
Hi all,
I really like this tool. QTodoTxt seems to match my style better than any other productivity-list program. So I am really sad today, when trying to get a new work computer up to snuff, I somehow broke the installed package. Here's a rough timeline:
1. Received new work computer (Precision M4800, Win7 Enterprise, and typical IT: McAfee, couple of MVC++ redistributables, office, etc.)
2. Lost three days discovering that Intel SpeedStep sends the system into slo-mo unless I have the high wattage adapter.
3. Finally get underway last night. Installed QTodoTxt, works perfectly.
4. Install winPython 3.4 (x64), and a bunch of drivers. Drivers call for and install dotNet4.5 and more redistributables. Also some software that needs MS SQL Client is installed.
5. Come to work today, and find that QTodoTxt won't launch. A window pops up for 0.5 seconds, then disappears. No errors, no log, no Windows event. Try reinstalling, no luck.
6. Think that I can try compiling it. Get stuck at pySide missing MVSC10 dependencies and stop. Seriously miss my Linux distro.
7. Start uninstalling everything, one by one. Unfortunately, I did not make a restore point with the fresh system.
8. Uninstalled everything but the Dell drivers and QTodoTxt. Still doesn't work.
I can probably figure it out if I can see the error message. I eventually want to get set up to make python distributed packages, but I really don't have the time to go down that rabbit hole today. My "day" job is analytical chemistry, and python and modeling comes second, unfortunately.
Thanks for reading!
Chris

Matthieu Nantern

Jan 15, 2016, 1:19:18 AM1/15/16