Multi-level Bar

kovas....@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2022, 10:12:41 PM6/22/22
to qtile-dev
Hi all,

I'm looking for ways to get more bar real estate so I can display some larger widgets.  My first thought was to make the bar two-leveled so that I could have a top and bottom row of widgets.  Or another thought would be to have multiple bars per screen.  Anyone know of a good way to make either of these ideas happen?

FWIW this is how I currently define my bar:

num_monitors = get_num_monitors()

bars = [bar.Bar(get_widgets(systray=True), **bar_config)]
screens = [Screen(top=bars[0])]

if num_monitors > 1:
  for m in range(num_monitors - 1):
    bars.append(bar.Bar(get_widgets(), **bar_config))
    screens.append(Screen(top=bars[-1]))

@hook.subscribe.startup
def _():
  for b in bars:
    b.window.window.set_property(
        'WM_NAME', 'qtile_bar', type='UTF8_STRING', format=8)