Switch group with teamviwer issue

Vincent Girès

Jun 12, 2023, 4:58:01 PM6/12/23
to qtile-dev
Hi,
I have to use teamviewer to connect from time to time remotely to my work computer which is under qtile. When i switch between my groups, my teamviewer session freeze and i have quit teamviewer and reconnect.
Is there something not compatible with qtile? no problem with xfce on the same machine. I have latest nvidia drivers, tried with and without composition, with one screen, and two screen and i have always the same issue. Maybe this is a known limitation?

James Wright

Jun 14, 2023, 2:26:47 PM6/14/23
to qtile-dev
That seems odd. Probably worth getting a verbose log from qtile and creating an issue on Github.

Vincent Girès

Jun 15, 2023, 3:49:50 AM6/15/23
to qtile-dev
There is nothing in the log by default at least, how to enable verbosity?

James Wright

Jun 15, 2023, 10:32:34 AM6/15/23
to qtile-dev
https://github.com/ramnes/qtile-config/blob/7b409ffc84608854bcb9007f60cffdcb0c4d89ec/config.py#L283-L287

Run `qtile.debug()` in your config file. Also

from qtile.log_utils import logger
import logging
logger.setLevel(logging.DEBUG)

should do the same.

Vincent Girès

Jun 15, 2023, 6:25:21 PM6/15/23
to qtile-dev
Thanks,
The log debug mode is correctly working, but unfortunately, nothing is written when the freeze happen on switching groups. It should be on Teamviewer side, but I don't know how to report it since this is only with qtile (working on xfce, gnome, kde with the same install).