I need help, how do I change the border color of floating windows?

Jackson Novak

Oct 27, 2022, 1:36:51 PM10/27/22
to qtile-dev
Hello, I am using Qtile and have noticed something annoying, I can change the color of tiled window borders but not floating! How do I change this?

BTW, I have a better chance of getting your response if you message me at Oglo#3838 on Discord, but please respond via email as well!

- Warm regards, Jackson Novak.

Milkias Yeheyis

Oct 31, 2022, 4:12:21 PM10/31/22
to qtile-dev
To configure the border color and width for floating windows, there's a variable named floating_layout you declare in the config file, so:
floating_layout = layout.Floating(float_rules=[*layout.Floating.default_float_rules], border_focus="your preferred color", border_normal="your preferred color", border_width=4)