possible bug with qt applications and cursor warp

David Budzynski

Sep 21, 2021, 4:41:09 AM9/21/21
to qtile-dev
Hi,

Has anyone had an issue with cursor warp enabled and some qt apps? For example, every time I click on something in Virtualbox or CopyQ, it warps the cursor to the middle of the screen, so I can't click on anything. The only way to get around this is to disable cursor warp. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong or need to adjust some settings? I want to check first before submitting a bug on Github.

James Wright

Sep 28, 2021, 3:54:46 PM9/28/21
to qtile-dev
Not entirely a bug, but agreed that it's generally not great.

My solution to it is that I only want the cursor to be recentered if I'm changing focus via keyboard commands. The solution and discussion is found in issue 2474.