aprs items not updating when moving view of map

Kevin Reeve

Feb 20, 2021, 2:33:27 PM2/20/21
to qthapp-users
I am seeing a couple of issues.

I am using the view packets in visible map area.  Upon connection to T2 Oregon the map starts populating with items.

If I move the map view around - pan or zoom in or out, The map does not populate any new items even if I leave it for 30 minutes.

If I stop the connection then wait a few minutes and reconnect to T2OREGON with the new map view I start seeing APRS objects again populate on the map.

On another note I have successfully connected the Mobilinkd TNC 3 via Bluetooth to Mac and then QTH is able to connect to the Mobilinkd TNC3 via Serial Kiss.

Will continue to play with that.

Kevin N7RXE
Logan, UT

Weston Bustraan

Feb 20, 2021, 3:51:17 PM2/20/21
to qthapp-users
Yes, I have been having this issue as well. I'm not certain whether the issue is with QTH or with the APRS-IS servers. If you watch the log, when you have a map extends filter as one of your filter lines, a few seconds after you pan or zoom the map, QTH will send a new filter to the APRS-IS server as a comment. However, lately, it seems that the APRS-IS servers just ignore it. I've even gone so far as to verify using WireShark that the packets are truly being sent over the socket.

Lynn (KJ4ERJ) let me know that he does this in his software, but he does it as a message to SERVER. The sparse docs on the feature mention both the comment and message methods. However, I am wondering if support for this might be a difference between server implementations, i.e. javAPRServer vs aprsc. I am going to dig through the aprsc source code and see if I can confirm or deny this theory.

- Wes, W8WJB