Kiss Serial working with Mobilinkd TNC 3 and Kenwood TMV-71A

Kevin Reeve

Feb 20, 2021, 9:33:44 PM2/20/21
to qthapp-users
I can confirm that QTH 0.1.4 is working with the Mobilinkd TNC3  and a Kenwood TMV-71A radio.

I created a Connection as a KISS TNC.  in Mac OS i connected via bluetooth to the Mobilnkd TNC3 via blue tooth.  Then the TNC shows up to QTH as a serial TNC.

In our area, Northern UT, there are a lot of mountain top digis, and I am receiving APRS traffic from 200 miles away via radio.

So far it appears to be working good. Will continue to test.

I did do a Beacon using the Beacon button on the UI and that appeared to work.  I can see myself on APRS.fi.

Regards,

Kevin N7RXE
Logan, UT

Kevin Reeve

Feb 20, 2021, 10:03:33 PM2/20/21
to qthapp-users
Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 8.00.42 PM.png

map showing what i am seeing via RF on QTH.

David Armbruster

Feb 20, 2021, 11:26:33 PM2/20/21
to qthapp-users
What are your settings?  It's obviously something on my end.

I'm connecting to my TNC3 and reception is working.  Hearing and decoding stations fine.

I'm still crashing when I try to transmit.  The sqlite database gets corrupted when it happens.  Using TxDelay = 400ms, Persistence = 63, TxTail = 300ms, Slot = 200ms.  I have 2.0.0 firmware on my TNC3 and using a VX7R so could be related to my TNC3 sharing the mic and PTT.

David

Weston Bustraan

Feb 20, 2021, 11:43:09 PM2/20/21
to qthapp-users
When it crashes, doe it give you a "Report..." button? You don't need to send the report to Apple (developers only get those if they're on the App Store) , but if you copy and paste the stacktrace to me in an email or bug report, I can symbolicate it and potentially figure out which line of the code it crashed at.

- Wes, W8WJB