HbIDE update

Jayadev Urath

Feb 20, 2020, 2:14:07 AM2/20/20
to QtContribs
Hi Pritpal-ji,

I see you have made many updates in QtContribs recently, any chance of updating the HbIDE.exe also ? or are there no changes to it ?

Warm regards,

Jayadev

Pritpal Bedi

Feb 20, 2020, 2:19:10 AM2/20/20
to QtContribs
Jayadev

No changes made in hbIDE since last commit.
Were you expecting some feature not present currently ?

Pritapal
a student of software analysis & concept

Jayadev Urath

Feb 20, 2020, 4:48:13 AM2/20/20
to QtContribs
Yes Pritpal-ji,

There are couple of issues, but nothing serious:

1. If the "comp" directory is present in Hb32, then when compiling, it would not respect the environment selected which may have a different path specified for the compiler eg. Mingw81 etc..

2. New projects cannot be created from scratch from the IDE.

3. Certain lines are automatically marked hbide_file (when you save the .hbp from the IDE) and it is not then used while compiling for example: -3rd=hbide_file=\Hb34\lib\win\mingw\noautlog.o

4. If you select Pritpal's Favourite as the theme, then the "Brackets and Braces" highlight is not clearly seen as when highlighted they have more or less the same color as the background (yellow)  and It is very difficult to find out where the bracket or the braces started in case of multiple lines.

I would suggest some inverse color value instead of yellow so that the Start of the Bracket or Braces is clearly seen in case of multiple lines.

And once again, thank you for the good product.

Warm regards,

Jayadev

Pritpal Bedi

Feb 20, 2020, 11:39:56 AM2/20/20
to QtContribs
Hi

1. If the "comp" directory is present in Hb32, then when compiling, it would not respect the environment selected which may have a different path specified for the compiler eg. Mingw81 etc..

Seems need to be fixed.

2. New projects cannot be created from scratch from the IDE.

True. It is a known issue but I could not get time to implement. Halfway interface is done which can be accessed from  <Project><New Project Wizard>. Will look at it again in some spare-time.

3. Certain lines are automatically marked hbide_file (when you save the .hbp from the IDE) and it is not then used while compiling for example: -3rd=hbide_file=\Hb34\lib\win\mingw\noautlog.o

I know. This issue has the top priority and I will look into it for sure.

4. If you select Pritpal's Favourite as the theme, then the "Brackets and Braces" highlight is not clearly seen as when highlighted they have more or less the same color as the background (yellow)  and It is very difficult to find out where the bracket or the braces started in case of multiple lines.

I would suggest some inverse color value instead of yellow so that the Start of the Bracket or Braces is clearly seen in case of multiple lines.

A difficult implementation. As a workaround you should try to change the hue of highlighted line color.

And once again, thank you for the good product.

Welcome.

Pritpal Bedi
a student of software analysis & concepts

Jayadev Urath

Jun 15, 2020, 3:02:17 AM6/15/20
to QtContribs

Hi Pritpal-ji,

On Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 10:09:56 PM UTC+5:30, Pritpal Bedi wrote:
Hi

1. If the "comp" directory is present in Hb32, then when compiling, it would not respect the environment selected which may have a different path specified for the compiler eg. Mingw81 etc..

Seems need to be fixed.

[Jayadev]: Can you in the meantime, add one command to the output viz: gcc -v, so we will know, which compiler is used for compiling.

2. New projects cannot be created from scratch from the IDE.

True. It is a known issue but I could not get time to implement. Halfway interface is done which can be accessed from  <Project><New Project Wizard>. Will look at it again in some spare-time.

3. Certain lines are automatically marked hbide_file (when you save the .hbp from the IDE) and it is not then used while compiling for example: -3rd=hbide_file=\Hb34\lib\win\mingw\noautlog.o

I know. This issue has the top priority and I will look into it for sure.

[Jayadev]: Any progress in the above issues ?

Warm regards,

Jayadev

Pritpal Bedi

Jun 16, 2020, 12:40:37 AM6/16/20
to QtContribs
Hi

[Jayadev]: Any progress in the above issues ?

Nop. Not finding enough time to concentrate on HbQt so far and not sure when it will be.

Jayadev Urath

Apr 27, 2023, 3:13:36 AM4/27/23
to QtContribs
Hi Pritpalji,

Any chance that you will find some time to address the pending issues.

Warm regards,

Jayadev

Pritpal Bedi

Apr 30, 2023, 12:00:32 PM4/30/23
to QtContribs
Hi Jayadev

Please re-iterate all the features you want or wanted, with some detailed description. I will work on them now.

Pritpal Bedi
a student of software analysis & concepts

Jayadev Urath

Apr 30, 2023, 11:59:30 PM4/30/23
to QtContribs
Thanks so much Pritpalji,
Issues as given in my email of 20th Feb 2020:

[...]

Please update your excellent product.

Warm regards,

Jayadev

Jayadev Urath

Jun 27, 2023, 4:50:44 AM6/27/23
to QtContribs
Hi Pritpalji,

Any chance that you will be able to devote some time to the issues listed.

Warm regards,

Jayadev