Harbour tutorials

Alan H

May 12, 2021, 8:06:16 PM5/12/21
to QtContribs

I've been writing xBase programs since 1985 and I'm now trying to understand  Harbour.
I have been using hbIDE(r450) to convert and compile my old programs. I love it. I found what I am assuming is an updated version 'r16911'  it crashes when I try to compile because it doesn't build the batch file properly. The SET PATH part is missing. What have I missed?
I'm trying to learn the GUI part as well. I've been trying to compile the 'tutorial' programs that come with it and I keep getting an error, 'too many DEF file names'. What does that mean and how do I fix it?
Lastly, this question may be hard to answer. I was running my complete system under Windows XP and it worked fine. I upgraded to Windows 10 and all I get is a little box about 3 inches square. I know this has something to do with the GUI part that I don't understand yet. But what I really don't understand is why it runs on my laptop running Windows 10 also and works perfectly.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.