[Development] Request for a new Playground project

wolfga...@nokia.com

Mar 28, 2012, 8:50:21 PM3/28/12
to devel...@qt-project.org
Hi guys,

I'm following the steps on http://wiki.qt-project.org/Creating_a_new_module_or_tool_for_Qt
To get a playground project created for qlogger in place.

qlogger should be the previous discussed category logging mechanism on the developer ML.
(see http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,13226).
Because of the feature freeze we can't merge this patch into the trunk so we want to follow the way of the playground project.

Cheers,
Wolfgang Beck

Oswald Buddenhagen

Mar 29, 2012, 5:18:39 AM3/29/12
to devel...@qt-project.org
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 12:50:21AM +0000, ext wolfga...@nokia.com wrote:
> Because of the feature freeze we can't merge this patch into the trunk
> so we want to follow the way of the playground project.

this is a false dichotomy.
you want a feature branch for qtbase. created. sergio and/or rohan will
set up CI on request.

lars....@nokia.com

Mar 29, 2012, 7:59:16 AM3/29/12
to wolfga...@nokia.com, devel...@qt-project.org
Approved. Sergio, can you help setting it up, please?

Thanks,
Lars

On 3/29/12 2:50 AM, "ext wolfga...@nokia.com"

lars....@nokia.com

Mar 29, 2012, 8:02:57 AM3/29/12
to oswald.bu...@nokia.com, devel...@qt-project.org
No, currently I do not want hundreds of feature branches on qtbase. We
need to focus on stabilization and not doing new features.

And if the people working on the logging FW want to release it to others
as an add-on to 5.0 why do you want to stop them?

Lars

On 3/29/12 11:18 AM, "ext Oswald Buddenhagen"

Sergio Ahumada

Mar 29, 2012, 8:06:13 AM3/29/12
to devel...@qt-project.org
On 03/29/2012 01:59 PM, Knoll Lars (Nokia-MP/Oslo) wrote:
> Approved. Sergio, can you help setting it up, please?
>
> Thanks,
> Lars

So .. we'll go for a playground project instead of a branch ?

I'll create playground/qlogger.git in the afternoon

Cheers,
--
Sergio Ahumada

Sergio Ahumada

Mar 29, 2012, 8:46:21 AM3/29/12
to devel...@qt-project.org
On 03/29/2012 02:06 PM, ext Sergio Ahumada wrote:
> On 03/29/2012 01:59 PM, Knoll Lars (Nokia-MP/Oslo) wrote:
>> Approved. Sergio, can you help setting it up, please?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lars
>>

> So .. we'll go for a playground project instead of a branch ?
>
> I'll create playground/qlogger.git in the afternoon
>
> Cheers,

Done.

# git clone
ssh://<ACCOUNT>@codereview.qt-project.org:29418/playground/qlogger.git

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#admin,project,playground/qlogger,info

Olivier Goffart

Mar 29, 2012, 10:57:22 AM3/29/12
to devel...@qt-project.org
On Thursday 29 March 2012 12:02:57 lars....@nokia.com wrote:
> No, currently I do not want hundreds of feature branches on qtbase. We
> need to focus on stabilization and not doing new features.

With that logic you should also forbid other playground project.