[Development] Qt Namespace enums defined in QTextDocument

casper.va...@nokia.com

Mar 25, 2012, 6:12:29 AM3/25/12
to devel...@qt-project.org
Hi,

The Qt::HitTestAccuracy and Qt::WhiteSpaceMode enum are defined in QTextDocument (which is in QtGUI), but they are documented in the Qt Namespace, which is in QtCore.
This obviously does not work if we want to modularize the documentation on a library level.

I have no idea how to solve this in an easy way,  maybe we could do multiple runs on QtCore documentation (QtCore -> QtGUI -> QtCore), but that is not what I would like to do. Any ideas?

Casper

lars....@nokia.com

Mar 25, 2012, 5:28:29 PM3/25/12
to casper.va...@nokia.com, devel...@qt-project.org
Longer term, I think we should have one qmoduleglobal.h per shared library, and have the additional enums in there. Nothing speaks against them living in the same namespace though IMO, but we'll need to sort out how qdoc handles this.

One idea might be to handle the namespace similar to inheritance, i.e. the Qt namespace in QtGui "inherits" the one from QtCore.

Cheers,
Lars