PYTHON ERROR IN QSWAT

Jean Yves N'GUESSAN

Sep 3, 2021, 4:06:52 PM9/3/21
to qswa...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!
I just installed QGIS v3.18.2 with the QSWAT+ v2.0.5 extension.
When I start my modeling, I encounter a Python code error when creating the streams, after inserting the DEM, as well as the hydrographic network.
You will find a capture of this error in attached file.
Thanks in advance for your help.

N’GUESSAN Konan Jean-Yves

00225 475-55-026 / 028-25-949

Doctorant en Hydraulique Agricole et Changement Climatique / PhD Student in Agricultural Hydraulics & Climate Change

Laboratoire des Sciences et Technologies de l’Environnement / Laboratory of Environmental Science and Technology

UNIVERSITE JEAN LOROUGNON GUEDE, DALOA-COTE D’IVOIRE

Annotation 2021-09-03 174032.png

Chris George

Sep 4, 2021, 10:19:29 AM9/4/21
to Jean Yves N'GUESSAN, qswa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jean-Yves,

Sorry you have this problem. It seems that you have a character being
output from the first program analysing your DEM to do the watershed
delineation. The character is é, though this confuses me, as in utf-8 é
is hex 0xa9, while I also read that 0xe9, the character you are
encountering, is é.

Some things you can try, in this order:

1. If there is the character é in the path to your project or the name
of your DEM, rename the file or directory to use e (or any other ASCII
character) instead.

2. Change your locale setting to English (US) if you can work with it.
In Windows 10 go to start menu, settings, time & language, region,
probably additional settings at top right, region, and format. Restart
QGIS.

3. Run the program in a command window. Open a command window, and use
the two commands

cd C:/SWAT/SWATPlus/TauDEM539Bin

PiteRemove.exe <projdir>/Watershed/Rasters/DEM/<dem>

where <projdir> is your project directory and <dem> is your DEM .tif
file. Send me what appears in the command window.

Chris

On 9/3/2021 6:41 PM, Jean Yves N'GUESSAN wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> I just installed QGIS v3.18.2 with the QSWAT+ v2.0.5 extension.
> When I start my modeling, I encounter a Python code error when creating
> the streams, after inserting the DEM, as well as the hydrographic network.
> You will find a capture of this error in attached file.
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> *N’GUESSAN Konan Jean-Yves*
>
> 00225 475-55-026 / 028-25-949
>
> Doctorant en Hydraulique Agricole et Changement Climatique / PhD Student
> in Agricultural Hydraulics & Climate Change
>
> Laboratoire des Sciences et Technologies de l’Environnement / Laboratory
> of Environmental Science and Technology
>
> *UNIVERSITE JEAN LOROUGNON GUEDE, DALOA-COTE D’IVOIRE*
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qswatplus/CABJmv2QW2rstycURvppUZb43idA4S%3D%3Dbp-k6v03jCMOfOMqXfQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qswatplus/CABJmv2QW2rstycURvppUZb43idA4S%3D%3Dbp-k6v03jCMOfOMqXfQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

David de Andrade Costa

Dec 19, 2022, 2:07:14 AM12/19/22
to QSWAT+
Hi Chris,
I'm having the same problem, but using QGIS 3.22.
I have tried your suggestions:
1) I have no special character.
2) My computer is set to English (US) location.
3) I tried what you suggested, but here is the error: "Code execution cannot continue because freetype.dll is not found."

All the best. David.

Ramiro Ferreira

Feb 6, 2023, 1:20:30 PM2/6/23
to QSWAT+
To correct this error you must configure your Windows system to English (United States), or reverse the decimal and thousand sign where the thousand sign must be defined as the comma (Example: 1,000,000) and the decimal as the point (Example : 0.123), and configure the system to use Unicode UTF-8 for world language support. See the figure.
Capturar_2023_02_02_15_09_28_370.png