TauDEM Error During Watershed Delineation

Alexandria Silowsky

Nov 25, 2019, 12:37:54 PM11/25/19
to QSWAT+
Hello!

After selecting a properly merged, clipped, and projected DEM as per Appendix II of the QSWAT+ user manual, attempting to either create streams or watersheds yields the following error message in the TauDEM output panel:

------------------- TauDEM command: -------------------

C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Bin\mpiexec.exe -np 8 C:\SWAT\SWATPlus\TauDEM5Bin\pitremove -z C:/Users/ajsilowsky/Desktop/SWAT Data Preprocessing\Watershed\Rasters\DEM\Reprojected.tif -fel C:/Users/ajsilowsky/Desktop/SWAT Data Preprocessing\Watershed\Rasters\DEM\Reprojectedfel.tif

PitRemove version 5.1.2

job aborted:

[ranks] message

[0] application aborted

aborting MPI_COMM_WORLD (comm=0x44000000), error -1, comm rank 0

[1] application aborted

aborting MPI_COMM_WORLD (comm=0x44000000), error -1, comm rank 1

[2] application aborted

aborting MPI_COMM_WORLD (comm=0x44000000), error -1, comm rank 2

[3] application aborted

aborting MPI_COMM_WORLD (comm=0x44000000), error -1, comm rank 3

[4] application aborted

aborting MPI_COMM_WORLD (comm=0x44000000), error -1, comm rank 4

[5] application aborted

aborting MPI_COMM_WORLD (comm=0x44000000), error -1, comm rank 5

[6] application aborted

aborting MPI_COMM_WORLD (comm=0x44000000), error -1, comm rank 6

[7] application aborted

aborting MPI_COMM_WORLD (comm=0x44000000), error -1, comm rank 7

---- error analysis -----

[0-7] on NREM-BHAN-1

C:\SWAT\SWATPlus\TauDEM5Bin\pitremove aborted the job. abort code -1

---- error analysis -----

*** Problem with TauDEM C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Bin\mpiexec.exe -np 8 C:\SWAT\SWATPlus\TauDEM5Bin\pitremove -z C:/Users/ajsilowsky/Desktop/SWAT Data Preprocessing\Watershed\Rasters\DEM\Reprojected.tif -fel C:/Users/ajsilowsky/Desktop/SWAT Data Preprocessing\Watershed\Rasters\DEM\Reprojectedfel.tif: please examine output above. ***

I am unable to make sense of this error message, and I have as yet been unable to find anyone else who has encountered this error and posted about it.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Chris George

Nov 25, 2019, 1:07:35 PM11/25/19
to Alexandria Silowsky, QSWAT+
I have seen this error occasionally, and it seems to be a problem with
inter-process communication when TauDEM is using MPI, and therefore an
intermittent problem. Try just running again, and if it recurs try
reducing the process count, even reducing it to zero if necessary (when
MPI will not be used).

Chris
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qswatplus/9b2918bb-132c-40e5-bac0-f364727b6548%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qswatplus/9b2918bb-132c-40e5-bac0-f364727b6548%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Eduardo

Jan 20, 2020, 10:17:02 AM1/20/20
to QSWAT+
I have the same problem consistently in my laptop. I remove the program and installed two times, but again the same problem. Running the example data in swat+, when try to delineate streams, boom, error message...Any ideas? I must remove windows mpi?
thanks!

Régis

Dec 29, 2021, 9:37:49 AM12/29/21
to QSWAT+
I have the same problem. Any ideas?

Régis

Dec 29, 2021, 9:37:49 AM12/29/21
to QSWAT+

Same Problem. Somebody who could help?

Güray Hatipoğlu

Mar 14, 2022, 10:23:26 AM3/14/22
to QSWAT+
I got the same error when the path to the DEM file included non-ASCII characters and spaces. And I strongly suggest use as much MPI processes as possible, so just change your path to something without space and only English alphanumerics.

Kamal Ziaul Islam

Apr 19, 2023, 2:34:50 PM4/19/23
to QSWAT+

Hi there,

I have seen the error message. Could you please provide guidelines?

Regards,

Kamal

C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2022b\bin\win64\mpiexec.exe -np 8 C:\SWAT\SWATPlus\TauDEM539Bin\pitremove -z C:/QSWAT_H_MODEL/Test/Test\Watershed\Rasters\DEM\DemUtm21N.tif -fel C:/QSWAT_H_MODEL/Test/Test\Watershed\Rasters\DEM\DemUtm21Nfel.tif

Error while connecting to host, No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)

Connect on sock (host=DESKTOP-KNKUPEN, port=8676) failed, exhaused all end points

Unable to connect to 'DESKTOP-KNKUPEN:8676',

sock error: Error = -1

*** Problem with TauDEM C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2022b\bin\win64\mpiexec.exe -np 8 C:\SWAT\SWATPlus\TauDEM539Bin\pitremove -z C:/QSWAT_H_MODEL/Test/Test\Watershed\Rasters\DEM\DemUtm21N.tif -fel C:/QSWAT_H_MODEL/Test/Test\Watershed\Rasters\DEM\DemUtm21Nfel.tif: please examine output above. ***