How to merge and perpaer soil ssurgo layer with other parts of the world?

Daff gul

Jun 11, 2024, 10:09:06 AMJun 11
to QSWAT+
Hello all,

I am trying to merge ssurgo soil layer with a small portion of canada soil data for the watershed that I am working on.

So this is the steps but I am not sure about the tables and how to prepare them.

1. I have ssurgo layers of 4 states and prepared them as expalined in pdf "Using SSURGO soil data with QSWAT and QSWAT+" version 3, October 2020. These four layers have only MUKEY as an integer after rasterization. There is no complete table of information based on soil chrachsristic before or after rastrizaton. I suppose, Qswatplus can figure out soil inforamtion beased on mukey while creating hru  (my undersanding of reading ssurgo for qswatPlus).

2. I downloaded Soil Landscapes of Canada (SLC) database for the canada portion, there is just one vetor layer for the portion soil layer in Canada for my project. I joined table with the its vector layer, the table has MUID of " QCCIS31000A" and PolyID of "403034".

3. Now merging these two, sounds challanging, if merged two rasterized layer of ssurgo and canadina soil, how can I join table and have an intergrated table to upload for hru?

Please let me know if anyone used merging ssurgo with any other soil layer.

Thank you so much in adnvance.