FAO Soil inputs

Biemba mwangala

Aug 24, 2022, 10:53:28 AM8/24/22
to QSWAT+
Hello everyone, am very new to QSWAT+, am currently preparing a model with a drainage area of  663 840 Km2. I have a challenge in the preparation of the soil input data. Each time i try to load the soil data, its giving me an error of "Unknown soil value" or "Soil name Fx (and perhaps others) not defined in FAO_usersoil table in the database". Am kindly asking if there is any who has used FAO in QSWAT+ to help how i can load the Soil input data.

Regards

Bob

Chris George

Aug 25, 2022, 9:39:59 AM8/25/22
to Biemba mwangala, QSWAT+
You can find global soil maps at https://swat.tamu.edu/data/

These are not very detailed, but can be used if you can find nothing better.

You can find some help in preparing such maps in
https://swat.tamu.edu/media/114679/globaldatav1.pdf. You will find the
lookup table for these soils is already in your QSWAT+ project database
as global_soils and the usersoil table is global_usersoil.

Chris
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qswatplus/7ffdb217-0c1b-421f-aa8e-8560e0cb4227n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qswatplus/7ffdb217-0c1b-421f-aa8e-8560e0cb4227n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Biemba mwangala

Sep 30, 2022, 8:48:19 AM9/30/22
to QSWAT+
Dear Chris,

Thanks very much for the response,  i will try it out.

Regards

Bob