Issue locating example files after download

Kirsten Taylor

May 28, 2024, 12:44:11 PMMay 28
to QSWAT
Hello everyone!

I'm an excited new QSWAT user and I'm hoping to complete the training videos with the example tutorial. However, I've run into issues - while I have folders from downloading the SWAT Editor and QSWAT for the default example, they do not have any files in them. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If not, does anyone know of another place I can access and download the files needed for the example?
Please note, I outline what I have downloaded & installed, the file paths I've explored, and what I've tried doing to fix this outlined below.

What I have downloaded & installed:
  • QGIS 3.34.7
  • QSWAT3_12install1.7.1.exe
  • SWAT Editor 2012.10.23
  • Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5
  • Adobe Acrobat Reader (I don't know exactly which version I have, but when I tried to download the most recent one from my university website, it said it detected I already had the best program available)

File paths I have checked:
  • C:/Program Files/
    • I don't see a "SWAT" or "QSWAT" folder in this space
  • C:/Program Files (x86)
    • I don't see a "SWAT" or "QSWAT" folder in this space
  • C:/SWAT/SWATEditor/Databases/ExampleDataset/Scenarios/Default
    • there are four folders in this folder: "Scen", "TablesIn", "TablesOut", and "TxtInOut" - only "TxtInOut" has files within it
  • C:/SWAT/SWATEditor/Databases/ExampleDataset/
    • This folder has file "ExampleDataset.mdb" - however, it only appears to contain tabular data without any DEM or raster files... It doesn't look the folder set up or files from the instructional video
  • The instructional video I'm watching (linked here) also talks about navigating to the following path - C:/Users/Your User Profile/.qgis2/python/plugins/QSWAT/ExampleDataset
    • I don't have any .qgis files in my user profile - am I supposed to?
Methods I've used to try to fix this:
  • I've tried extracting the zipped files before running the installation process rather than just opening the zipped file, copying the information to my desktop and running the program. This has not changed the prevalence of missing example files
I sincerely appreciate your support and guidance with this!
Kat

Chris George

May 28, 2024, 2:03:37 PMMay 28
to Kirsten Taylor, QSWAT
Sorry you have problems. Your video is out of date. Look for

C:\Users\<username>\ApppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\default\python\plugins\QSWAT3_12\ExampleDataset

AppData is hidden by default: you may need to select View in Windows
Explorer and check the Hidden Items box.

Chris