DEM projection issues

Retang Mokua

Jun 20, 2024, 8:55:03 AMJun 20
to QSWAT
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to delineate the catchment boundary. I encounter an error " DEM projections unknown". I have attempted reprojecting the DEM in ArcGIS Pro to WGS84, but the error remains. What could be the problem as the QSWAT project is also in WGS84?

Jim Almendinger

Jun 20, 2024, 9:13:53 AMJun 20
to Retang Mokua, QSWAT
WGS84 is not a projection -- it's the reference ellipsoid (or datum) that approximates the shape of the earth.
A projection maps the points on that ellipsoid onto a flat surface, and you have many options for doing that.  A Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) projection for your region is often a good choice.
-- Jim

Cheers,
-- Jim