For those of you who haven't noticed yet, we pushed Vanadium out the door late last night and you can grab it here:
We have fixed up a ton of bugs in this release, and hope that you will see many improvements. For those of you wondering what we changed, our reasonably detailed release notes are available here:
Thanks to all the folks who did some last minute testing for us, and found a couple of very important issues.
As always please let us know if you find anything interesting by adding it to the issues tracker:
Out of the 309 issues logged so far, we have been able to clear up and/or fix 175 of them, and we are actively working on several others.
I know this is a somewhat contentious issue, but it would greatly help us if those of you who have statistics turned off would consider turning them on (please). To enable statistics, go to the preferences "General Tab" and check "Usage Statistics". Just so you know, these statistics are not only being used to help shape QSB on the Mac, but are being used to shape UI for QSB on Windows, as well as UI for Chrome and other Google client software. If you are concerned about what data we are collecting, Alcor and I wrote a post here
that describes in detail what we are doing and why.
Finally an FYI for all the chemists out there. The next version of QSB is going to be code-named "Manganese". We are intentionally skipping over "Chromium" to avoid confusion with this:
On behalf of the QSB team, thanks again to all of you for using, abusing and improving QSB.