How to localise QSB?

rednectar

Nov 8, 2011, 4:08:56 PM11/8/11
to qsb-mac...@googlegroups.com
I love QSB, but I really wish I could make it search my local google (google.com.au) rather than google.com.  When I open preferences, my ONLY choices are to "Show website suggestions from Google.com" and "Show search suggestions from Google.com" - which means that once I've done the search, and I want to limit my search to Australian websites, there is no sidebar option to limit the search to "Pages from Australia".  To be honest, this is a pain - especially if I am doing a shopping-related search.  For general information, the results are usually the same irrespective of whether google.com or google.com.au is searched.

Surely it can't be too hard to localise QSB and send the search query to google.com.au instead of google.com? Or google.co.uk or google.com.sg or....

Martin Kühl

Nov 9, 2011, 1:44:35 AM11/9/11
to qsb-mac...@googlegroups.com

If I remember correctly, QSB guesses the correct Google site from
your system preferences. In your “Language & Text” settings, is
“Australian English” first in the language list? If so, it should
default to google.com.au.

HTH,
Martin