Qpython3.6 install

Robert Flatt

May 7, 2018, 7:29:38 PM5/7/18
to QPython
Switching versions to 3.6 fails in console with;

/system/bin/sh: /data/user/0/org.qpython.qpy3/files/bin/qpython3-android5.sh: not found
127|walleye:/ $

The toast popup shows 'sucessfuly' but it appears to be obscuring another toast.

Android 8.1

Seems like I must be missing something simple....

QPython Lab

May 7, 2018, 8:23:00 PM5/7/18
to QPython
1 Did you use QPython or QPython3 ? Did yo try restart  it ?

2 Can you check if there are private*.mp3  in the path /sdcard/qpython/.py3_cache ?

Robert Flatt

May 7, 2018, 8:44:29 PM5/7/18
to QPython
Qp3, did restart

5 folders, no files in /sdcard/qpython
Cache folder is empty
Lib folder contains python3.2 and python3.6

Toast behavior seems repeatable

Robert Flatt

May 7, 2018, 8:50:56 PM5/7/18
to QPython
The toast is "could not Successfully data"

The word "Successfully" is from a second toast overwriting the error toast.

QPython Lab

May 7, 2018, 8:52:24 PM5/7/18
to QPython
No files in /sdcard/qpython/.py3_cache ?

QPython Lab

May 8, 2018, 12:13:55 PM5/8/18
to QPython

Robert Flatt

May 8, 2018, 1:47:53 PM5/8/18
to QPython
I copied the files as described.  It was not clear in the instructions if I was supposed to extract tar files (.mp3 !) - I did not.

New behavior is the same (both toast and open console).

Since on error the console opens to something like a Bash shell (?), I cd'd to org.qpython3.qpy3/files/bin

There I find (with r-x permission) python-android5.sh  , but not   python3-android5.sh  in the error message.    Is this a clue?

Robert Flatt

May 8, 2018, 4:13:03 PM5/8/18
to QPython
Looks like perhaps you are having problems with the sdcard location. Checkout this post and scroll down to the March 28, 2017 response:
https://gist.github.com/PauloLuan/4bcecc086095bce28e22

QPython Lab

May 9, 2018, 11:53:43 AM5/9/18
to QPython
What's your android version please ? Is it below 5.0 ?

Robert Flatt

May 9, 2018, 1:11:41 PM5/9/18
to QPython
Android 8.1   Phone is Google Pixel 2

mia avery

May 10, 2018, 1:00:07 AM5/10/18
to QPython
Python Coding Interview Questions And Answers

If you're looking for Python Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced & Freshers, you are at right place. There are lot of opportunities from many reputed companies in the world. According to research Python has a market share of about 4.0%. So, You still have opportunities to move ahead in your career in Python. Mindmajix offers advanced Python Interview Questions 2018 that helps you in cracking your interview & acquire your dream career as Python Developer.

Annesha Baruah

Oct 17, 2018, 8:37:49 AM10/17/18
to QPython
Could this issue be solved? i am having a similar situation here.

Jim Lareau

Oct 17, 2018, 1:47:08 PM10/17/18
to QPython
ADD PYTHON 3.6.6 Support
HOW TO INSTALL

Download private31_py3.6.6.mp3
Rename it as private31.mp3
then upload to the /sdcard/qython/.py3_cache directory
Switch to Python 3 in QPython's setting or switch to Python3.6 in QPython3's setting.

Instead of creating an /sdcard/qpython/.py3_cache folder, try creating a /qpython/.py3_cache folder on the phone's non-sdcard partition:

Device/storage/emulated/0/qpython/.py3_cache

Make sure you follow the rest of the above instructions. There are instructions elsewhere that describe downloading 5 files. After all 5 files are in the directory you should have:

private31_py3.6.6.mp3
private31.mp3
private32.mp3
private33.mp3