Accessing .py files éfrom outside" (the phone).

Georges Louis

Aug 21, 2017, 11:48:17 AM8/21/17
to QPython
I try to access my script files from my computer.
The method outined in the doc does not work so far : when I connect my phone to my (ubuntu) computer I see somewhere a directory called Projects but nowher a directory calles Scripts.
I was able to use ftp://...:2121 to read and qownload a file or two. But everthing has changed with the most recent version, and Chrome refuses to access the ftp page.
I tried the ftp command. I apparently can connect, but not list the files on the phone.

Help !

Thanks

Georges

(not quite sure this is the right topic)

InfoBytesBD

Oct 27, 2017, 4:52:36 AM10/27/17
to QPython

is the ftp server builtin?? wht docs available to check on how to setup such ??
pls provide som links...

QPython Support

Oct 27, 2017, 9:59:48 AM10/27/17
to qpy...@googlegroups.com

yes, you can find the ftp server in QPython's setting.
See the attachment.

Screenshot_20171027-215826.png

Fan Tao

Jan 12, 2019, 8:43:02 PM1/12/19
to QPython
A bit late and this may not apply to the original poster, but it should help new users of QPython to access their folders over USB.
I could not access my newly installed QPython directory (folder) from a PC through USB.
1. Depending on your phone version, when you connect the USB, you may need to use the dropdown menu on the phone to change the USB setting from charge only to transfer files.
It's really annoying but on my phone the setting defaults to charge only and you need to reset it every time you plug in the USB! (my old phone defaulted to transfer files).
2. Restart your phone after installing QPython.  My QPython folders only showed up over USB after the phone restart.