Help with setting up qpython3

QpyUser

Jul 12, 2018, 3:36:57 PM7/12/18
to QPython
So, my issue is this:

I wanted to know if we can just download one facet of the qpython3? What I mean is if I just wanted to run some python script on my android device that used some external library.
Now I realize I have two options to either use pip and install the lib in the device or package the external library with the code But where I'm stuck is I cant understand if there is some way to just download the python interpreter as a standalone module instead of downloading the entire package(with terminal,explorer and the likes). Thanks in advance.

Lukasz T

Jan 9, 2019, 5:48:51 PM1/9/19
to QPython
Hi,
Yes you can have standalone Python. You just have to drag it out from that QPython app. Binary and Extras are hidden in /assets folder as private3.mp3 and public3.mp3 rename it to *.zip. Use some archiviser app to get inside. Thats your python. But you still need start up environments. There it is. Use QPython to write code with an error. Just this one line:
if a = True:
This is wrong and it has to be like that because now python will crash and drop shell. The very first line show you path where you should go. Examin qpython.sh and init.sh copy this files somewhere in safe place. Change paths to your python. Figure it out. Its worth to do it cos you can have python only without this InAppEditor witch slow down drasticaly when your code grow. You can use vim if you like work in terminal. I think its better to do this way.

Have fun