Issues with install on Samsung Galaxy S8+

Jim Lareau

Jul 26, 2018, 10:49:43 PM7/26/18
to QPython
(Previously posted on GITHUB with zero response):

My device:
Samsung Galaxy S8+ running Android 8.0.0 build R16NW.G955U1UES3CRE2

My sequence:

Install Qpy3.6 from Play Store
Open Qpy3.6, click install Python first button
Install Qpython3 from Play Store
Open Qpython3
Select "Switch to Python 3.6 (now 3.2)"
Results:
Following error messages flash near bottom:
Could not extract private31 data.
Could not extract private32 data.
Could not extract private33 data.
Could not extract public3 data.
Successfully.

Open Qpython3 Console
Results:
iles/bin/qpython3-android5.sh && exit <
/system/bin/sh: /data/user/0/org.python.qpy3.fil
es/bin/qpython3-android.sh: not found
127|dream2qlteue:/ $

Please help me to understand if I am missing steps or doing something wrong. Attempting to setup a Python 3.6.0 environment on my phone as an alternate for Anaconda on my PC when I am out of the house.

Jim Lareau

Jul 30, 2018, 12:38:23 AM7/30/18
to QPython
Following some of the other posts in this group, I was able to manually install the various private/public.mp3 files to the phone's qpython directory (not the SD card!) and have been successful in switching between the 2 versions of qpython3. numpy imports ok.

Does anyone know if matplotlib can be downloaded and imported?