Suppress console window

robertt

Oct 29, 2018, 8:13:38 AM10/29/18
to QPython
Suppress console window
In the QPython3 App under Programs, I've created a shortcut on my home screen to launch a script.
How can I run those scripts (shortcuts to scripts) without launching the console too?
Thanks, Robert

Carlos Moreno

Oct 29, 2018, 11:10:06 AM10/29/18
to QPython
hi, try this on first line

#qpy:quiet

or maybe.

#qpy:qpyapp

robertt

Oct 31, 2018, 1:31:00 PM10/31/18
to QPython
Thanks Carlos, #qpy:qpyapp works for most of my test scripts. I've only been working with Python only for about a week.
I'm trying run a simple alert:
#qpy:qpyapp
from androidhelper import Android
droid = Android()
droid.dialogCreateAlert("Alert","Message")
droid.dialogSetNeutralButtonText('OK')
droid.dialogShow()

The qpython background (which is all black) still shows up.
Maybe I'm expecting it to behave more like an automation app, like tasker.
Still looks like a lot more fun than tasker!!

Carlos Moreno

Oct 31, 2018, 6:37:35 PM10/31/18
to QPython
try this to send info

#qpy:quiet

import androidhelper
droid
= androidhelper.Android()
= "welcome"
droid
.makeToast(s)

if you call any dialog show a black square will charge in background

with

line = droid.dialogGetInput()
=  line.result

i get the same result with black background

robertt

Nov 1, 2018, 6:39:17 PM11/1/18
to QPython
I've noticed that the SL4A service (PyScriptService) does not start when my device boots. Is there a way to do that? I was looking for something in the app settings...