QO PTSA News and Updates

qoptsa.president

May 5, 2016, 10:13:45 PM5/5/16
to QOHS PTSA
Hi All,
Please read this email for the following important messages:
1.  Staff Appreciation Update
2.  Montgomery College Scholarship Applications
3.  Graduation Buses for Seniors and Families
4.  Marching Band Yard and Bake Sale Coming up
5.  2016-17 PTSA Officers and Final Meeting -- Tuesday, May 17

1.  Thank you to all who donated to our Staff Appreciation Week.  Tomorrow is the final day, and we are providing desserts and treats to the staff.  If you signed up to bring something in, please bring to the office tomorrow morning before 10AM.  Our parents are the best--the staff enjoyed donuts, food, drinks, desserts and gift cards this week all provided by our great PTSA Parents.
2.  If you have a Senior who is going to Montgomery College next year, the PTSA awards 4 scholarships to QO Students (should have a 3.0 or above GPA to apply).  The applications are due by May 12, so if you are interested and haven't received an application yet, please contact our Scholarship Chairperson, Barbara Wolfe at bwolfes@comcast.net
3.  The deadline to sign up for Graduation Buses is approaching; payment must be in by Monday, May 9.  Buses will be provided by the PTSA. The cost is $17 per person. The form is available online, please return the form and payment (made out to Quince Orchard High School PTSA).  Remember that transportation is NOT provided by the school for graduates or their families to get to DAR for Graduation.
4. Quince Orchard High School Marching Band presents: Biannual Yard and Bake Sale on Saturday, May 14th from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm at QOHS
  • 100% of the proceeds directly benefit the QO Marching Cougars
  • Rain or Shine - Cash only & all sales final
  • Furniture, Electronics, Books, Clothing, Baby Items, Sports Equipment and much more!
  • We need donations of gently used items (no undergarments & if possible, separate women’s/girl’s clothing from men’s/boy’s)
  • Drop off donations between 7:00 am - 8:00 am on day of sale (tax exempt receipts provided)
  • Student volunteers earn SSL hours!

We greatly appreciate the community’s generosity and support! Marching Band Yard Sale Organizer - Jennifer Quinn, jenr...@yahoo.com

5.  Final PTSA Meeting and 2016-17 Officers - Please mark your calendars for our final PTSA Meeting on Tuesday, May 17 at 7pm in the Media Center.  Our nominating committee will be presenting our 2016-17 Officer Candidates.  They are:

President – – Ron Rivenburgh
Vice President of Events – – Deanie Preston
Vice President of Publicity – – Liliana Rogers
Secretary – – Open
Treasurer -- Ivelisse Rodriguez

The Secretary position (attends 4 meetings per year and records minutes) is still open.  Please email me if you are interested.

Thank You!