Pride & Poverty Study: Understanding 2SLGBTQIA+ peoples' experiences with social assistance

1 view

Dwayne Shaw

Jul 28, 2021, 11:24:01 AM7/28/21
to qo-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone

Queer Ontario is involved within the research team that is researching understanding 2SLGBTQIA+ peoples' experience with social assistance

If interested in participating in the study. Please email prideandpo...@utoronto.ca
I have attached a poster for the study within this email for distribution
Also, if you have any questions. Please email your questions to...

Dwayne Shaw
your chair

As you likely know, experiences of poverty and seeking social assistance are common among queer and trans communities. Queer and allied researchers at the University of Toronto, in community partnership with local anti-poverty groups hope to better understand the experiences of 2SLGBTQIA+ community members experiencing poverty in Toronto. This mixed methods study, conducting a survey and follow-up focus groups to elicit diverse community experiences, has been approved by U of T’s Research Ethics Board.

We are requesting your support with recruitment by distributing our flyers through social media and/or email listservs. We aim to recruit a diverse sample of 2SLGBTQIA+ community members. Note that we will compensate participants for their time, and have included community throughout the project. Our intention is to inform direct service supports' (e.g., social assistance) and policy-level protections to foster health and safety 2SLGBTQIA+ people experiencing poverty. If you have questions or concerns about the project, please feel welcome to reach out to the research team at prideandpo...@utoronto.ca

Thank you so much for considering our request.

Dr. Lori Ross

l.r...@utoronto.ca

Dr. Jenna Reid

jennaall...@utoronto.ca