Please install the supplied AppData file

hugh...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2014, 5:03:20 AM9/18/14
to qmpdc...@googlegroups.com
Please consider installing this AppData file: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hughsie/fedora-appstream/master/appdata-extra/desktop/qmpdclient.appdata.xml

This is used in GNOME and KDE software installers to add the application description and some screenshots. We'd love to showcase more applications, but without the extra data file we can't. The AppData file needs to be installed to /usr/share/appdata/ on Linux and the basename needs to match the .desktop basename. It would also be great if you could integrate the file with your translation system (e.g. intltool) to make the descriptions translated.

See http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/appdata/ for more details; thanks!

Richard

Marian Beermann

Sep 18, 2014, 6:37:04 AM9/18/14
to qmpdc...@googlegroups.com, hugh...@gmail.com
I'd suggest showcasing Cantata instead, since qmpdlcient has been
unmaintained for years.
> --
>
> ---

Richard Hughes

Sep 18, 2014, 7:21:55 AM9/18/14
to Marian Beermann, qmpdc...@googlegroups.com
On 18 September 2014 11:37, Marian Beermann <pub...@enkore.de> wrote:
> I'd suggest showcasing Cantata instead, since qmpdlcient has been
> unmaintained for years.

Okay, thanks for the info.

Richard.