Can anyone comment on why this project has been abandoned? Does anyone want to help with a fork?

Paul O'Connor

Dec 30, 2013, 1:55:16 PM12/30/13
to ql...@googlegroups.com

Aaron Kerwin

Feb 24, 2014, 2:28:58 PM2/24/14
to ql...@googlegroups.com
I would like to know the same, why has development been abandoned. We are trying to provide a middleware approach and this looks like a good idea, but I haven't seen any changes to the code base nor any adopters of it. Would love to know what's going on with this project!

Subbu Allamaraju

Feb 26, 2014, 2:52:26 PM2/26/14
to ql...@googlegroups.com
I was one of the the original authors of ql.io. The original contributors are no longer making any comments. But it should be possible to fork or submit pull requests.

Subbu

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Aaron Kerwin <aaron....@gmail.com> wrote:
I would like to know the same, why has development been abandoned. We are trying to provide a middleware approach and this looks like a good idea, but I haven't seen any changes to the code base nor any adopters of it. Would love to know what's going on with this project!

Aaron Kerwin

Feb 26, 2014, 3:27:21 PM2/26/14
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Subbu! I am interested in knowing if it is even being developed anymore, doesn't look like there has been any activity. Also, wanting to know if it is in production use or just a concept that was created and never really used. It's hard to tell when there is no activity on the project, usually they have ongoing defects, bugs, features, perf, etc.

Thanks!

David Lojudice Sobrinho

Apr 3, 2014, 1:02:23 PM4/3/14
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Any news about forks or maintaining it? We've thought about using it on one of our projects, but then we read this list and we are not so sure now.

It would be great to now if it's still been used by eBay in production.

Is anyone using others alternatives to mashup / combine http requests?

Tks!

David

Chris Cinelli

Apr 23, 2014, 5:56:00 PM4/23/14
to ql...@googlegroups.com
The project seemed pretty promising.
It would be educative to know why it was abandoned.
Finding out what the problems is could also help people that would like to contribute to find out what needs to be improved.