How can I add a custom authentication handler and handle cookies

David Ohsie

Dec 6, 2012, 12:13:28 PM12/6/12
to ql...@googlegroups.com
I'm very new to ql.io and node.js in general.  I'd like to be a be able to use ql.io to get at URI that are protected by the CAS single signon system.  Initial access would be return a 401 with a custom authentication scheme and I would need to handle the 401 by going to CAS to get a ticket (called an ST in CASland) in order to access the original protected URI.

In other language environments that I am familiar with (Java, Groovy, Python, C#) , the http clients provide the capability to register authentication handlers that get invoked on receipt of a 401 response; once the handler completes, the call is retried.  Does the http client that ql.io uses have such a capability?

I'm also curious about the cookie handling capabilities of the http client used by node.js.  Is this done automatically?

Pointers to docs are welcome; I'm just getting started in this environment.

David Ohsie
EMC Corporation

shimonchayim

Dec 7, 2012, 1:54:32 PM12/7/12