ql.io doesn't seem to work for me...

Eduardo Julian

Mar 21, 2013, 4:58:03 PM3/21/13
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Hi, guys. I'm new here, and having some trouble.

I just installed ql.io as a stand-alone server using the instructions in the GitHub repo:
mkdir myapp
cd myapp
curl https://raw.github.com/ql-io/ql.io/master/modules/template/init.sh | bash
bin/start.sh
When running the console, I tried out the examples in http://ql.io/docs/build-an-app and although "show tables" worked, the eBay examples don't:
-- A table to find products
create table eBay.FindProducts
  on select get from "http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=FindProducts&appid={^apikey}&responseencoding=JSON&version=725&QueryKeywords={^QueryKeywords}&MaxEntries={max}&ProductSort=Popularity&AvailableItemsOnly=true&siteid={siteid}"
    using defaults max "5", apikey = "{config.eBay.apikey}", sideid = 0
    resultset 'Product';

That's pretty much all I've done, and I'm stuck.
Any tips?

Might it be that the latest version of ql.io on the repo no longer runs well the examples in the docs?

Eduardo Julian

Mar 21, 2013, 4:59:53 PM3/21/13
to ql...@googlegroups.com
I also tried the example from the ql.io-site repo in tables/twitter.ql

create table twitter.search
  with aliases limit = 'rpp'
  using defaults format = 'json'
  using patch 'twitter.js'
  resultset 'results'

but it didn't work either...

Eduardo Julian

Mar 21, 2013, 5:13:55 PM3/21/13
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Wait... it seems it might be working.

I thought it didn't because I didn't see the expected result after creating the tables. Namely:
1
2
3
{
  "message""ok"
}

But after putting the files inside the ./tables directory, it worked.