QLime Preview Release 0.5.0

Shalabh Chaturvedi

Oct 2, 2004, 12:35:06 PM10/2/04
to ql...@googlegroups.com
I'm happy to announce a preview release 0.5.0 of the QLime Application
Server. QLime is based on Quixote. Here is an upshot of QLime for
Quixote users:

1. You can build a tree of objects (a.k.a. the registry) by specifying
classes and locations in a config file. You can specify parameters for
instantiating the classes. A part of this tree is published by Quixote.

2. You access all data through an object data API that can be mapped to
various data sources - CSV files, PostgreSQL, Firebird, etc. An OR
mapper maps relational data into the common object model. The registry
is used to build object classes from data sources and connect
applications to object classes.

This release includes a handbook and a tutorial-like demo. It is usable
but definitely not production quality and portions are still under
development.

For an earlier discussion on this list see:
http://mail.mems-exchange.org/pipermail/quixote-users/2004-August/003278.html

Download QLime here: http://www.qlime.org/0.5.0/

I'm interested in your comments or questions. Feel free to send me email.

Thanks!

Shalabh Chaturvedi