Scripting Help Needed

Scott Nelson

May 26, 2024, 4:33:20 AMMay 26
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I’m running QLab 5 on a MacBook Air running Sonoma, and I’ve been trying to write a script that will automatically turn off the touchpad’s tap to click function. The reason is I have had a couple accidents! And while I try to remember to do this every time, I occasionally forget..

I can get the System Settings app open and the correct tab, but I can’t get it to slide the button off.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated!!

With kind regards,

Scott

Message has been deleted

micpool

May 26, 2024, 11:14:32 AMMay 26
to QLab

do shell script "defaults write com.apple.AppleMultitouchTrackpad Clicking -bool false"

delay 1

do shell script "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemAdministration.framework/Resources/activateSettings -u"

Scott Nelson

May 29, 2024, 11:14:01 AMMay 29
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Micpool.

An elegant solution!  But unfortunately it didn't work for me...

I also tried after adding "with administrator privileges" to each line.  Same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!!

Scott

★                         ★                         ★                         ★
Scott & Muriel are...  “The Accidental Illusionists”
We LOVE to make people FEEL GOOD by making them LAUGH!
Please like us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/ScottandMuriel
Or on Instagram:  www.Facebook.com/ScottandMuriel  (We don't do Instagram ;-))
Or call us on      : +31 - 6 - 2120  4637
Or in French on  : +33 - 7 - 6826  1238
Or in the USA on: (415) 580 - 0604

Or have a look at our current Promo Video:

Promo Video Graphic.jpg

Or click on this photo to see us get a Standing O on 'Germany’s Got Talent':

Das Supertalent Video Graphic.jpg

This email and any files transmitted with are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is private and confidential.

This email is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be forwarded, reproduced, or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner.  Thank you.

Sent with Mixmax

--
Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Threads: https://threads.net/@QLabApp

micpool

May 29, 2024, 1:20:45 PMMay 29
to QLab
It all depends on what you mean by not working!

It doesn't change the switch in system settings/trackpad/tap to click but...

It should stop tap to click happening; at least, it does on my system.

Mic

Scott Nelson

Jun 6, 2024, 8:35:50 AMJun 6
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Dear Micpool,

Ah, ok!  You're right, I was only looking at the slider, sorry.

I also noticed that the scrolling had gotten reversed...  (I'm old school!)  Is that due to your script or is that something else I'm missing?

Thank you again!!

Kind regards,

Scott
Sent with Mixmax

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qlab/373cf845-c183-4010-a5cd-d5a9ce485e5bn%40googlegroups.com.

micpool

Jun 6, 2024, 10:37:23 AMJun 6
to QLab
On Thursday, June 6, 2024 at 1:35:50 PM UTC+1 scott wrote:

I also noticed that the scrolling had gotten reversed...  (I'm old school!)  Is that due to your script or is that something else I'm missing?

No the natural scroll setting isn't affected by the script I posted

It's here
:Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 15.33.01.png