Join us for a free QClass and QLab’s 20th Birthday Party

Chris Ashworth

Jul 19, 2024, 4:56:45 PM (8 days ago) Jul 19
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Hi there everyone,

We’d like to invite you to our yearly fall QClass!

This year’s QClass will be taught by Sam Kusnetz, Charles Coes, Chad Sellers, and me.

The class will be available in person and as a livestream on YouTube.  If you plan to join us in person in Baltimore, please register here:

Plus!

The Saturday after the class, we’ll be hosting a party to celebrate 20 years of making QLab.

I wrote the first code that would become QLab on October 25th, 2004. (Through a wild coincidence, my first daughter would also be born on October 25th, 7 years later.)

It’s been a wild and surprising adventure, and we’d love to celebrate with any of you who can make it to Baltimore.

Thanks and I hope to see you there!

-Chris (& the 18 other folks who all work on making QLab now)

———

Join us for a free QClass and

QLab’s 20th Birthday Party!

QLab turns 20 this year and we’re celebrating with a QClass and a Party! 🎉

We are hosting a three-day, in-person class about QLab 5 this August 28th—30th at our theater and research venue, The Voxel, in Baltimore, MD. A live stream of the class will also be available at QLab.tv.

The QClass is for anyone with a basic working knowledge of QLab. As long as you can set up a workspace and use simple cues, this class is for you. We’ll cover the fine details of QLab’s audio and video capabilities, taking detours into MIDI, OSC, lighting, timecode, and scripting.

QClass is FREE, in-person, and includes a free two-week demo license for QLab 5. You can bring a Mac with macOS 11 or newer to follow along!

Space is limited. Sign up here: https://voxel.org/classes

Reach us at qcl...@figure53.com with any questions! See you soon!

&&&

We're throwing a party in Baltimore at the Voxel to celebrate 20 years of QLab!  We hope you’ll join us with DJ Brooks Long, delicious food from Baltimore favorites Ekiben and Taharka Bros, and plenty of dancing throughout the night.

We'd love for you to join us in celebrating this milestone. Save the date and get ready to party with us on Saturday, August 31, 2024, 6:30 to 11 p.m. at the Voxel. We hope to see you there!

Everyone is welcome at this free event! Please register here and send any questions to eve...@figure53.com