Automated timeline

Erik Rosales

May 24, 2022, 1:54:02 PM5/24/22
to QLab
Hi all! Im working on a new show where I use the slice tool to create easy to snap on to lines in the timeline view. I wonder if there are any ways to lets say create 50 slices and lets say, insert 50 osc messages in the folder. A sweet automation would be to automagically move all the osc cues to the 50 slices, so that the first osc cue in the list snaps to the fist slice, second osc cue to the second slice and so on... Does this tool already exist or is there a work around to achieve this?

All the best

micpool

May 24, 2022, 2:15:38 PM5/24/22
to QLab
Just to clarify, is this what you want to do?

Select an audio cue
Run a script to create an OSC cue for every slice (could probably be a load cue instead) for each slice in the selected cue which will load it to the time of the relevant slice.

That is scriptable, however if you move, add  or delete a slice then the cues are then obsolete.

This post describes what may be a better way of doing this, because it  can load the slice times into a cart on the fly so the slice times are always updated and correct. Slices can also be named using this method , so the cart buttons actually show where in the audio file you will ne loading to

Mic

luckydave

May 24, 2022, 2:22:16 PM5/24/22
to ql...@googlegroups.com
This gets the concept taken care of, so it should be a good starting point:

tell application id "com.figure53.qlab.4" to tell front workspace

set audioCue to cue "1"

set cueSlices to (slice markers of audioCue) as list

repeat with eachSlice from 1 to (count cueSlices)

set sliceTime to time of item eachSlice of cueSlices

make type "Network"

set newCue to last item of (selected as list)

set pre wait of newCue to sliceTime

end repeat

end tell

micpool

May 24, 2022, 2:52:38 PM5/24/22
to QLab
I thought Erik was asking for cues that “snap” to slices i.e load a cue to slice times, not make a sequence that fires network cues at the slice times (but I may have misunderstood)
Message has been deleted

Erik Rosales

May 24, 2022, 3:13:26 PM5/24/22
to QLab
Thanks Luckdave and Mic!

Couldn't figure out how to run you script Dave. When Im in a folder with the Audio cue with a lot of slices in, I selected the audio cue and fired off the script trough a key stroke,  but nothing happens. I see the script running but nothing happens.  When I read the script I seem that the script will by it selfe create OSC cues. Is that the case? I have tried both to have a folder with 50 OSC cues and without the OSC cues without any luck...

And just to clarify Mic. I have an audio cue with a lot of slices at different times. Now I want to automate the lets say OSC cues to have the Sime pre waits as the slices. Hope it makes sense : )

micpool

May 24, 2022, 3:24:15 PM5/24/22
to QLab

In that case Lucky Dave's script is what you want.

You will either have to change line 1 to the cue number of your audio cue or

Delete it and substitute

Set audiocue  to last item of (selected as list)

Which will then work with any audio cue.

Mic

Erik Rosales

May 24, 2022, 3:29:41 PM5/24/22
to QLab
That's it! I thought the set audioCue to cue "1" some how pointed the slices to the first cue in the list. But hey. The script works like a charm!!! Thanks guys!