Qlab5 NDI Outpus

Jelle van Setten

Sep 12, 2022, 7:59:40 AM9/12/22
to QLab
Hi guys,

When using Qlab5 with NDI output. The following happens.
Playing a video over NDI to a NDI->HDMI converter, when fading or stopping the video the screen blinks before the video fades or stops.

The second thing is that when using the NDI video output, i can not change the audio output. I need te play the audio to a external soundcard. Now the only way to play the video with audio is over the NDI output.

Anyone run into something similar?

Jelle van Setten

Sep 12, 2022, 8:19:39 AM9/12/22
to QLab

Little update.

Wheb setting the oppacity to 99%. The problem with fading or stopping does not happen. So this is a little workaround...

Chris Ashworth

Sep 12, 2022, 8:23:27 AM9/12/22
to Jelle van Setten, ql...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jelle,

NDI audio routing is currently limited to sending the audio to the NDI stream.  We hope to improve this to allow routing NDI audio the same as other audio, but we ran out of time to implement this before launching.

Best,
Chris

Andy Leviss

Sep 12, 2022, 10:32:05 AM9/12/22
to ql...@googlegroups.com, Jelle van Setten
On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 8:23 AM Chris Ashworth <ch...@figure53.com> wrote:
Hi Jelle,

NDI audio routing is currently limited to sending the audio to the NDI stream.  We hope to improve this to allow routing NDI audio the same as other audio, but we ran out of time to implement this before launching.

In the meantime, while it’s not without the cost of some processing overhead from the additional cue, it’s a useful little known workaround that you can use a video file as the media for an audio cue; you don’t need to render the audio out separately, or waste the additional resources of a second video cue you’ll only use the audio from.

-Andy

Jelle van Setten

Sep 12, 2022, 2:49:32 PM9/12/22
to QLab
Hi Andy. I did not think of that. Will try that tomorrow. The flickering is a bigger issue with NDI

Kinetic Screen

Sep 17, 2022, 11:22:26 PM9/17/22
to QLab
oh wow I didn't know about using video files in audio cues either! That's awesome.