QLab and A&H SQ-5

David Meissner

May 27, 2023, 10:10:48 PM5/27/23
to QLab
Does anyone have any experience with the Allen & Heath SQ series? The documentation for the SQ console says that a Mac can be connected to the console's USB port and the console will appear as both an audio and a MIDI device. It says the connection allows for 32 inputs and outputs at either 96kHz or 48kHz.

Does this mean that QLab will see the console as an audio device with 32 outputs, with no other audio interface needed between QLab and the console?

Thanks very much,
-David

Mike Post

May 28, 2023, 1:29:11 PM5/28/23
to 'Rich Walsh' via QLab
That's the way I've been using it - My SQ5 becomes it's own audio interface, plug and play.  You just need to connect the USB inputs through the I/O page like you would the Local ports.

Mike Post
--
Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Twitter: https://twitter.com/QLabApp

Felix.di...@me.com

May 29, 2023, 2:15:37 AM5/29/23
to QLab

Yeah, I’ve been using SQ5 like that since it came out. Works great!

David Meissner

May 29, 2023, 12:54:11 PM5/29/23
to QLab
Thanks very much - that's good to know!

Jake Perrine

May 30, 2023, 4:57:05 PM5/30/23
to QLab
An FYI: I use Qlab 5 and an SQ6 and the audio integration is flawless.  However, we also use Qlab for lighting, and I have had some weird crosstalk between the two: when you move certain faders on the SQ6, one of the lights in our theatre changes color!  Its very strange and I have never been able to isolate the problem.  I've had to go back to using a separate sound card for Qlab so the two are not connected by USB to circumvent the issue.