streamlab as option for remote (with rendundancy)?

Iain Simons

Jun 17, 2024, 4:02:55 AM (13 days ago) Jun 17
to QLab
Hi there!

I was planning on using a streamdeck as the control surface of a show we're delivering, mostly because of the ability to program the display buttons (it's a non-linear show, so needs to be really clear for the operator).

HOWEVER, on reading about redundancy, it seems that a single midi signal, from a controller, being split to main / backup is the best way to go?

Right now, pretty much all options are available.
I was thinking perhaps and iPad using midi designer -> usb c to midi -> midi splitter -> main / backup might be the equally customisable but more robust.

Any voices of experience with advice would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance

Andy Dolph

Jun 17, 2024, 2:48:34 PM (12 days ago) Jun 17
to ql...@googlegroups.com
you could set each streamdeck button to send OSC commands to Qlab on 2 different computers every time that button is pressed - I'd probably run companion on a raspberry pi and just have 2 pis and 2 streamdecks with identical setups.
The only single point of failure there would be the network switch - and there's likely a way to make that redundant too, though that's beyond my networking experience.

--
Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Threads: https://threads.net/@QLabApp