QLab 5.4

sftechguy

Jun 11, 2024, 8:09:28 PMJun 11
to QLab
I just noticed over at QLab.app that they've released version 5.4.  Congratulations, FIgure53!

Looking forward to getting into it.

-s

Sam Kusnetz

Jun 13, 2024, 1:38:27 PMJun 13
to QLab List
Hello friends!

Welcome to QLab 5.4, a major update that's free for anyone using QLab 5.

Here are a few highlights:

  • Fade cues gain a powerful new path tool, which lets you animate video geometry intuitively and quickly. The new editing tools for this path tool are also available in the Network cue, making it much easier to draw and edit sophisticated 2D paths.
  • Mute and Solo buttons for each cue output of each cue make it easier to listen critically to a complex mix. Editing audio effects from a collaboration remote makes it easier to get all your work done from the tech table, the balcony, or beyond, without having to run back to the booth or resort to screen sharing. Lockable fade curves make it a breeze to ensure that your up-fades and down-fades are perfect mirror images of each other.
  • Support for editing audio effects from collaboration remotes.

We’ve also added a better right-click menu in the waveform view of the Time & Loops tab, finite durations for Mic and Camera cues, new AppleScript and OSC commands, a whole mess of new lighting instrument definitions, and a bunch of network device definitions for the new version of Bitfocus Companion, the grandMA3, the Yamaha DM7 series, and others.

And of course, dozens of bug fixes to keep your shows running smoothly.

You can find the update inside QLab via “Check for updates” or download it directly from http://qlab.app

We hope you all enjoy, and thanks so much for using QLab!

Sam on behalf of the whole team at Figure 53

Sam Kusnetz (he/him) | Figure 53

Philip Perkins

Jun 13, 2024, 1:47:16 PMJun 13
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a “collaboration remote “?

phil p

On Jun 13, 2024, at 10:38 AM, Sam Kusnetz <s...@figure53.com> wrote:

--
Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Threads: https://threads.net/@QLabApp

Sam Kusnetz

Jun 13, 2024, 1:49:46 PMJun 13
to ql...@googlegroups.com
On Jun 13, 2024 at 1:47:03 PM, 'Philip Perkins' via QLab <ql...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a “collaboration remote “?

You can read all about it here:

Sam

Andy Evan Cohen

Jun 16, 2024, 10:48:01 AMJun 16
to QLab
Thanks Sam! Is it just me, or are other people seeing this behavior: toggling on the integrated fade of an audio or video cue in 5.4 makes the audio waveform disappear. The waveform reappears when the integrated fade is toggled off.

Chris Ashworth

Jun 16, 2024, 12:12:32 PMJun 16
to Andy Evan Cohen, ql...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

We haven’t seen that yet, nor heard other reports of it.

Could you send us more details about your system at sup...@figure53.com please?

Thanks!

-Chris

sftechguy

Jun 17, 2024, 12:20:18 AMJun 17
to QLab
I can confirm I just saw what Andy's reporting, both with an audio cue and a video cue.  Not only does the waveform disappear, but so do any start/end time markers, the timeline indicators, slice markers/play counts, and the current position indicator.  I'll not make a 2nd report to support unless you'd like me to.

-s

sstaub

Jun 18, 2024, 4:43:43 PMJun 18
to QLab
Seen a similar problem with waveforms today (not reproducible in the moment). Building up the wave form of a large audio cue (about 1h20 length) need more than 20s. MacBookPro 13'' M1 with latest Sonoma.

Chris Ashworth

Jun 18, 2024, 4:55:47 PMJun 18
to sstaub, ql...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sstaub,

I think that’s probably just expected for very large audio files.

-C

dannax

Jun 19, 2024, 7:02:21 AMJun 19
to QLab
disappear

MacOS Monterey 12.7.5
M1MAX 14'MBP2021
QLab 5.4
スクリーンショット 2024-06-19 9.18.47.pngスクリーンショット 2024-06-19 9.18.55.png

2024年6月19日水曜日 5:55:47 UTC+9 ch...@figure53.com:

Chris Ashworth

Jun 19, 2024, 7:24:31 AMJun 19
to dannax, ql...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dannax,

Thanks!  This appears to be an issue with 5.4 running on macOS Monterey (it does not happen on later version of macOS)

We are investigating this bug now.

-C

micpool

Jun 19, 2024, 7:29:00 AMJun 19
to QLab
For what it's worth, I have an M1 Max Studio running Monterey 12.7.5 and QLab 5.4 and I CAN'T replicate the problem. (Nor could I in Monterey 12.7.2)

Mic

Chris Ashworth

Jun 19, 2024, 8:10:39 AMJun 19
to micpool, ql...@googlegroups.com
Interesting data!!

micpool

Jun 19, 2024, 7:06:36 PMJun 19
to QLab
I also have a 14" M1 Max MacbookPro running Monterey.

If I open QLab  from an external monitor integrated fades are normal, but if I drag the Qlab window to the built in display the waveform disappears and doesn't return if i drag it back again.

Mic

micpool

Jun 19, 2024, 7:07:15 PMJun 19
to QLab