Timecode

Gunther J. Kibelkstis

Feb 3, 2021, 2:47:03 PM2/3/21
to QLab
Hello friends I need to fire audio, video, light etc using time code. I will have a text recorded and at a certain time, I need to fire one cue and then another, another one, always with timecode timing. Sorry but I don't know how to do it. I appreciate help.

micpool

Feb 3, 2021, 4:25:42 PM2/3/21
to QLab
If you mean you just want to lay audio, video, light, and other cues against  speech  in an audio cue, just put them all in a timeline group and move the cues to the time you want like this:

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 21.14.42.png

If you have timecode coming in from an external source, you setup the timecode for each cue list and then enter the timecode value to fire each cue in the triggers tab.

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 21.18.59.png

In this example I am triggering the Main Cue List from incoming Linear Time Code which QLab is Receiving on ch 8 of my audio interface. . I've ticked the trigger timecode box and set the SMPTE format to match my incoming timecode.

Cue 2 is set up to trigger on an incoming timecode value of  1:00:01:03

Mic

Gunther J. Kibelkstis

Feb 7, 2021, 10:09:41 AM2/7/21
to QLab

Mic. Thank you for the informations.
I was successful using the Horae software (www.sononum.net).
It worked very well.

Gunther J. Kibelkstis

Feb 26, 2021, 6:02:22 PM2/26/21
to QLab

I also found a solution with a timecode file in Wav and from it, to control the cues times.
Access the website:
(Sending LTC without a SMTPE Generator)

Gunther J. Kibelkstis

Mar 5, 2021, 11:44:34 AM3/5/21
to QLab

Excellent result also with the QLAB Timecode.
TIMECODE.png

micpool

Mar 5, 2021, 12:55:43 PM3/5/21
to QLab
I'm a bit confused!

Is the timecode only driving the cues in QLab or is it being sent somewhere else as well?

If it's just for QLab then surely the first example in my original reply to your post using a timeline group is a better way to do this as you can see the timings in the cuelist, instead of them being hidden in the triggers tab of the inspector.

Mic

Gunther J. Kibelkstis

Mar 5, 2021, 6:00:30 PM3/5/21
to QLab